View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest Week 1 - Saturday

Rate this Entry
There was a meet at our pool this weekend so I swam very early with the group going to Budapest. I felt pretty decent in the water today.

Pool setup LCM

Warm up
400 Free with snorkel
6x50 catch-up on 1min

main sets
6x100 kick with fins on 1:30
50 free easy on :50, 1x50 back at 200 Pace on 1min
100 free easy on 1:40, 2x50 back at 200 Pace on 1min
150 free easy on 2:30, 3x50 back at 200 Pace on 1min
200 free easy on 3:20, 4x50 back at 200 Pace on 1min
100 easy
8x50 drill/build on 1min

warm down
200 easy

i held 1:10-1:12 on the kicks with fins and then :34-:36 on the 50s back. My back felt good today. Ideally I would like to be more consistent and hold :34s but this is the first time I have tried going at pace on my backstroke. This set was harder than it sounds and is another one I will do again.

Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Saturday" to Digg Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Saturday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Saturday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest Week 1 - Saturday" to Google

Updated May 6th, 2017 at 09:20 PM by StewartACarroll

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

That looks like an excellent P200 set and I could see that getting quite tough rather quickly. If I try it I will do the watered-down American SCY version though.
    (I assume the ez free swims are on the :50 per 50 interval.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    That looks like an excellent P200 set and I could see that getting quite tough rather quickly. If I try it I will do the watered-down American SCY version though.
    (I assume the ez free swims are on the :50 per 50 interval.)
    i have been working on developing some 200 Pace sets for the kids I coach and they did this one this week also. I am a big fan of LCM and wish we swam it all year. I always find it much easier to come down to scy and way harder to go up from scy to LCM. Alas we swim a lot of scy across our pool.

I fixed the intervals. Thanks.