View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest week 6 - Monday

Rate this Entry
I had a decent night of sleep last night. Today was the start of building yardage and I did a 90 min workout.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catch-up on :50

Main sets
3x4x150 on 2mins as 100 free, 50 stroke choice descend 1-4
100 easy
8x125 with fins as 75 kick on :55,25 underwater on :30, 25 back on :25
6x100 IM on 1:25
4x75 as 50 free, 25 breast on 1min
2x50 dive sprints on 2mins
500 breathing 3,5 by 25 descending by 100

Warm down
200 easy

Despite the yardage I actually felt better as the workout went along. The 12x150s I wore a snorkel and ripped it off at 100 to transition to 50 back. I descended on each round from 1:45 to 1:39. I was coming in at 1:05 to 1:02 on the 100. I felt pretty crappy on this set but like the whole workout felt better at the end than the beginning. The 125s I was consistently getting 10-12 rest on the 75, took one breath in the underwater and was :12-:13 on the back with fins. The 100 IMs I was consistently coming in on 1:12s. The 75s I was going :31-:32 on the free and getting about 5-7 seconds rest between 75s. The dive sprints I was :24 and :25 but slipped on the start on the second 50. I was still pretty happy with how I felt in the water. Tom has been asking me to bilateral breath which I struggle with so we did the 500 at the end working on bilateral breath control.

I swam for about 90mins this morning and this was more yardage than usual. My plan for the next 6-7 weeks is to increase overall weekly distance and to continue with the intensity(injury and old body permitting).

Water Rat sent a post showing 16000 registered attendees for Budapest which will be wild. I finished my registration since apparently I did it wrong first time and did not get a confirmation. I still have no confirmation of the evens other than an online payment invoice. The system really does suck! I still have family to register.

My events are:

Tuesday 15th August - 200 Back
Wednesday 16th August - 200 free
Thursday 17th August - 50 free
Saturday 19th August - 100 Back
Sunday 20th August - 400 free

I was tempted to do the 100 free instead of the 50 free but it would have meant a double on Tuesday and with so many entries I did not want to be at the pool all day. Should be a good lineup and should be fun. Now I have to try to figure out how to register my family.

Submit "Budapest week 6 - Monday" to Digg Submit "Budapest week 6 - Monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest week 6 - Monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest week 6 - Monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

16000?! Oh that stresses me out thinking about that many people. LOL!

Sounds like you're making a really good comeback. Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    16000?! Oh that stresses me out thinking about that many people. LOL!

Sounds like you're making a really good comeback. Nice work!
    yes sixteen thousand people. Rumor is that they will be running 4 pools. Montreal was 2 competition pools and a warmup and warmdown pool.

I am am up and down own from day to day with how I feel but the general trend is up which is great. I feel like I am in a race against time to really be where I want to be before worlds but I will just keep plugging away and enjoy each day as best as I can. This time last year I was afraid I would not be racing ever again so I will most certainly come take where I am at.

How is life coming out the other side of the move?
    Yes, take where you're at. And considering you're on your way to World, that's a huge accomplishment after all the pain you were in last year.

All is going well here. I'm really enjoying Memphis. It's a beautiful town and there's a lot to do here, especially around the arts and music. It's a city with an identity crisis - not quite a big city, though not a small one either. The people are fantastic. I'm enjoying my new team, my coach and the folks on it. There are two faster women on the team, but today I realized that they were 10 and 20 years younger than me and I'm close to them. I'll get 'em when they're not looking. The hard part is that we only practice 3x/week as opposed to 6x with my last club. It's hard getting out on my own, but need to 2 more days/week.

Good to see you're doing well, Stewart. You're inspiring me to get my butt in the gym for some weight/strength training.