View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest week 8 - Friday

Rate this Entry
I slept hard last night and would have slept through my alarm if it were not for my awesome wife waking me up and giving me a coffee. I normally don't drink coffee before practice(I make up for it after practice) but this morning it was exactly what I needed.

I felt ok during warmup and about half of the main set today but was really tired from that point on. Despite being tired I had a good workout.

Pool setup LCM

Warm up
400 Free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :50

Main Sets
4x(100 fast free on 2mins, 200 IM on 3mins, 4x50 on 1min IMO by round trying to hold 200 race pace)
200 easy
4x100 with fins as free, back, back, free on 2mins
12x50 smooth perfect stroke

Warm down
200 easy

I was holding 1:08-1:09 on the 100s, using the IM as active recovery(but these still hurt) and was going 2:50s, and then choose to do back,free,back,free on the 50's by round. On the back I was :35-:36 and on the free I was :33s. My arms felt really tired towards the end of this set. I was not expecting Tom to throw 4 100s afap with fins at us and I must have pulled a funny face because he made a sarcastic comment about me not wanting to do these. The guy in the lane next to me was one of our faster young guys and he likes to race so I had to go for it on the free. I was :56 on the first and :55 on the last 100 which hurt so bad. On the back I was 1min and :59. I was hoping to go under 1:05 which I obviously did but I was very surprised how quick my back was because it felt horrible.

Submit "Budapest week 8 - Friday" to Digg Submit "Budapest week 8 - Friday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest week 8 - Friday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest week 8 - Friday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Looks like you're gonna kill it at Worlds. Some crazy fast workout swimming. Great to see you back and swinging. Keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    Looks like you're gonna kill it at Worlds. Some crazy fast workout swimming. Great to see you back and swinging. Keep it up.
    thanks Kurt. Finally feeling pretty good.

Good luck with the channel crossing. I know you will do it and do it in a great time.