View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Friday 07142017

Rate this Entry
Friday AM swim workout @ Sendero

400 w/u

4 x 75 @ 1:15 done 25 drill/25 swim/25 drill (with fins)
4 x 75 @ 1:20, done 25 kick/25 swim/25 kick (with fins)

6 x 75 @ 1:10, build by 25

5 x 100 @ 1:30
4 x 50 @ :45
5 x 100 @ 1:30
4 x 50 choice @ :50

bunch of backstroke starts

300 w/d

TTL; 3150 yards

another great workout! temp must be cooling a little more overnight, and they must be running the aerator, as the water wasn't too horrible.
we had myself and 2 of our other core swimmers, and a guy who coaches the kids was with us too. always good to have others push you.

since I'm registered for the 50 back in the meet next week, I asked the coach to look at my back starts. I do them so rarely... between her and the guy who coaches kids, I got tons of great feedback. I really just don't want to embarrass myself too much. I could just do a push off if I feel that uncomfortable, or just scratch. but it is my last event, and just a 50 LCM, so no turns, just a start and a bunch of swimming.

speaking of the meet, the zone leaders sent out this message today:
Swimmers - each and everyone of you has enjoyed competing in Masters meets in the past and I bet you look forwards to many more in the future. It has been a goal to provide quality venues for swimmers of all abilities to participate in and enjoy.

To continue to provide fantastic places to compete at such as the World Class Texas A&M University Natatorium, an indoor 50 meter pool, with an additional six lane 25 yard warm up/cool down pool and plenty of air conditioning and seating, we need your participation. SO, if you have not yet entered or have been on the fence about entering the LC Zones meet next week in College Station, PLEASE, make the jump, enter the meet and come on over for a great time!

We have swimmers of ALL ages and abilities entered and we want YOU to be one of them. My goal is 250 swimmers and we need 80+ more to get there.
For once, I actually registered and am planning to go

I did swim yesterday. started at the gym after weights, but had a goggle issue (got in 100).
after I got home I walked down to the community pool:
500 w/u
5 x 100
200 w/d
TTL: 1200 yards

Submit "Friday 07142017" to Digg Submit "Friday 07142017" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 07142017" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 07142017" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The meet director was sending this site to all the LMSC Chairs. Good luck and it is supposed to be a nice pool. One of my teammates enjoyed the pool last year because he didn't want to wait til the end of the year to go to Oregon.
    I would have loved to swim at this meet but unfortunately our kids have there champs meet this weekend. Good luck Tim. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    I would have loved to swim at this meet but unfortunately our kids have there champs meet this weekend. Good luck Tim. Have fun!
    I've been looking for your name to pop up in the list...guess it wont. Ande too; I'll have to give him a hard time for not showing. I don't recognize any names listed, but perhaps I'll recognize some folks from o/w events.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    The meet director was sending this site to all the LMSC Chairs. Good luck and it is supposed to be a nice pool. One of my teammates enjoyed the pool last year because he didn't want to wait til the end of the year to go to Oregon.
    It really is supposed to be a great facility. I'm not sure why we have such a small number registered... Back when I did the state meets in AZ, we'd sometimes get 150-200 showing up. With a great pool, pretty central to DFW, Houston, and Austin, you'd think it could easily be 250.