View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest week 11 - Tuesday through Thursday

Rate this Entry
Life has been crazy busy and I am struggling to stay on top of the blogging.

Wednesday Pool Setup scy
warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :50
Main Sets
400 free on 1:15 base
300 free on 1:10 base
200 free on 1:05 base
100 free on 1min
4x(4x50 free at 200 race pace(26/27), 100 easy on 1:40)
200 easy
4x(4x25 rd1&3 free, rd2&4 back on :30 afap, 50 easy on 1min)
100 easy
10x50 kick on :50
5x25 dive sprints working on entry, streamline and breakout

Warm down
200 easy

I transitioned from lifting on Tuesday and Thursday to speed power in the pool this week. Tuesday the pool is setup scy so I was doing sprint 25s in rounds of 4 using parachutes, finis drag suit with pockets and power tower. Today the pool was setup LCM so I did 3 circuits of 4x50 using the drag suit as 12.5 fast, 25 easy, 12.5 fast, and then 4x50 using the parachute as 12.5 fast, 25 easy, 12.5 fast, and then switched to 4x50s in the lesson pool using the power tower loaded with 55lbs, followed by 4x50s as 25 afap, 25 easy in LCM. I was whooped at the end of both days workouts but was swimming fast.

The next couple of weeks are not ideal preparation for Budapest but would not change any of it. My daughter has TAGS in Austin and then we fly to Indianapolis for NCSA which is her first National level meet. Work is challenging at the same time but somehow we will make it all work. Luckily I have swimming friends in Austin and have arranged to train at Austin Swim Club between prelims and finals of my daughters meet. I still need to figure Indy out but I will find a way to swim. Indy week will be the real start of my taper so should be able to start to back off a little anyhow.

Submit "Budapest week 11 - Tuesday through Thursday" to Digg Submit "Budapest week 11 - Tuesday through Thursday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest week 11 - Tuesday through Thursday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest week 11 - Tuesday through Thursday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Have fun with the travel with your daughter. As for Indy, my understanding is there are a number of good pools in the suburbs, but I'm not sure what kind of time you'll have.

Man, if you feel like this - "I am struggling to stay on top of the blogging." - then I've lost the struggle!
    Hey how is it turning with the parachutes? Do you open turn or does the chute get tangled at all during a flip?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Have fun with the travel with your daughter. As for Indy, my understanding is there are a number of good pools in the suburbs, but I'm not sure what kind of time you'll have.

Man, if you feel like this - "I am struggling to stay on top of the blogging." - then I've lost the struggle!
    I am going to swim but will try to be as casual as possible around my daughter. Indy has some options so I will make it work. We also have several chaperones and she has friends in our senior group who she can hang out with while I swim. I will make it work!

I was doing so well for the longest period where I wrote the workout down right after practice, but recently I have calls almost immediately after practice and remembering my workout gets tougher and tougher. I guess if there is a silver lining the fact that I am swimming and swimming pretty well is it!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Hey how is it turning with the parachutes? Do you open turn or does the chute get tangled at all during a flip?
    scy is a pain but I can flip turn with the chute; you just have to be much closer to the wall than you think inorder to make it work. Tuesday is scy while Thursday is LCM, so I only have to deal with it on Tuesday.

I really like the power tower but it is very hard on the shoulders, and I felt yesterdays workout throughout todays workout and I am not even using super heavy weights.