View RSS Feed

After a long rest

Budapest week 12 - monday

Rate this Entry
Life continues to be busy, but generally all the busy is really good.

Last week was a weird week in the pool just not having a very good feel in the water. I have felt like I am transitioning from training to taper(which I am), but I still have a long way to go to Budapest(3 weeks). I am a worrier when it comes to tapers and I donít remember feeling like this, this early; I donít know if its good or bad. I saw the psych sheets over the weekend and I had a few butterflies as I saw where I am ranked. Generally I am top 10 in all my events. There are some familiar names, but some names I have never seen before and I am guessing some made up times(or times from a former swimming career).

The next couple of weeks are going to be challenging due to my daughters end of season swim schedule(TAGS Wednesday through Sunday and NCSA Monday through Saturday). I have made arrangements in Austin to swim but no plans yet to swim in Indy but obviously I plan on swimming in Indy.

We had a meet at our pool Friday through Sunday and my daughter swam mainly off events, but somehow managed to get 3 more TAGS cuts(200 IM, 400 Free, 200 Free) and narrowly missed the 100 fly. The meet was using chase starts and she caught and overtook the poor girl in the heat before her in the fly, which I think threw her off and also I think she was out too quick. Despite this she dropped 11 seconds on her 100 fly, which was pretty awesome!

I was quite congested last night from being on deck all weekend and felt pretty tired when I woke up this morning. When you combine this with not sleeping that solidly I was not expecting much this morning but actually did pretty good on the fast work with fins, holding 200 pace and felt pretty decent as the set progressed. My backstroke felt good also which looking at the worlds psych sheets is probably my best shot at a medal in Budapest.

Warm up
400 free with snorkel
6x50 catchup on :55

Main Sets
4x(200 free on 2:40 smooth, 100 back on 1:40 smooth, 100 kick on 2mins smooth)
100 easy
10x50 working on high elbow catch on free
All with fins
100 at 200 pace, 50 easy back on 3mins
112.5 at 200 pace, 37.5 easy back on 3mins
125 at 200 pace, 25 easy back on 3mins
137.2 at 200 pace, 12.5 easy back on 3mins
150 at 200 pace on 3mins
50 back easy

Warm down
400 easy

Submit "Budapest week 12 - monday" to Digg Submit "Budapest week 12 - monday" to del.icio.us Submit "Budapest week 12 - monday" to StumbleUpon Submit "Budapest week 12 - monday" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

"Despite this she dropped 11 seconds on her 100 fly, which was pretty awesome!" Holy smokes that's incredible!! Good job on her!

Enjoy the taper. I'd guess it goes against your grain to relax a bit, but you can do it. You're going to be amazing over there, especially with the new bionic arms.
    She did great and seems very grounded.

It seems so so weird for me to not go lots of distance and not work hard all the time. It's a balance but think it will help me recover. The bionic elbow is doing great but my left shoulder is a whole different story and will likely have to get it taken care of after Budapest but I will leave that for another day. It's bearable right now!