View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Eye of the baby tiger

Rate this Entry
by , August 19th, 2017 at 03:53 PM (45 Views)
I can't consider my 6 workouts this week totaling 9,425 yards equivalents as really worthy of me cuing up Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger," but I will exit this week tomorrow with about the highest level of motivation I've had this entire year. Call it baby tiger motivation.

I did variations of Monday's workout on each of Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, but had to cut Wednesday's workout short due to a day trip to San Francisco. This morning, though, I did a 'mega' workout at home in SCM ...

• 1 x 400: IM, kick-drill by 25
  • 4 x 100: on 1:40, free descend w/snorkel (#1-#3) and swim #4, 1:22 - 1:21 - 1:19 - 1:17
  • 8 x 50: on 0:55, w/monofin doing SDKs going 10 AFAP kicks off each wall and then easy the rest of the way; odd laps on belly into flip turn to even laps on back
  • Breaststroke set:
    • 1 x 100 on 2:15 going odd laps doing the Rebecca Soni / Race Club drill using snorkel and band kick, with even laps pull only
    • See this great video -
    • 2 x 25: on 0:45, breast swim using Finis band
    • 1 x 100: same as above
    • 2 x 25: on 0:45, breast swim without band
    • 1 x 100: same as above

• 8 x 50: on 0:55, backstroke descend swim

TOTAL: 2,000 SCM

Comments:
  • I have been bad this week about both running and PT, but will focus on that tomorrow.
  • A big reason for my increased motivation is that my shoulder feels super-fine and I am looking forward to getting back into competition mode. In September, I have signed up for

Submit "Eye of the baby tiger" to Digg Submit "Eye of the baby tiger" to del.icio.us Submit "Eye of the baby tiger" to StumbleUpon Submit "Eye of the baby tiger" to Google

Comments

A big reason for my increased motivation is that my shoulder feels super-fine
    That's great to hear, but don't speak too loudly and jinx it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    That's great to hear, but don't speak too loudly and jinx it!