View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Fri-Sat, Sept 15-16

Rate this Entry
by , September 17th, 2017 at 01:48 PM (151 Views)

Friday 9/15

Drylands:

Went to the gym for the first time in many months. Just did some rehab, core work and light weights. Despite only doing good mornings with the 45 lb bar, I could feel it in my back and hamstrings the next day.

Treadmill, 7.5 miles

mostly walking fast with a killer incline

Saturday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ Bethel Park:

Warm up:

500 various
8 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :45
50 EZ

Main sets:

8 x 50 burst SDK + cruise @ 1:00
50 EZ

3 x (25 AFAP kick w/board + 75 EZ) @ 3:00

10 x 25 @ :40
odds = breast dolphin @ 100 pace
evens = EZ back
50 EZ

5 x 50 DPS free-back @ 1:00
50 EZ

20 x 25 @ :40
1-10 = dolphin kick w/snorkel & arms at side
11-20 = dolphin power kick w/arms at side
100 EZ

10 x 25 no breath free @ whatever (no swimming lungs)
200 EZ

Total: 2950

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Made it to Bethel Park, one of my fave places to swim, yesterday. Still easing back in, but more of a Fort-like workout. My 25 AFAP kicks were maybe a second off my former blasto times. I didn't think that was too bad considering the absence of speed in my life. Back on the treadmill today. I don't think I'll swim on back to back days for awhile to not overdue. Trying not to be compulsive!

Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 15-16" to Digg Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 15-16" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 15-16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri-Sat, Sept 15-16" to Google

Comments

Missed yah. Good to know that you are back in the water with a great workout after the long battle. Seems like you are hardly missed a stoke or a kick. Hope all goes well from here on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Missed yah. Good to know that you are back in the water with a great workout after the long battle. Seems like you are hardly missed a stoke or a kick. Hope all goes well from here on.
    Thanks Bill! Congrats on the grandson!