View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday Sept 24

Rate this Entry
by , September 25th, 2017 at 11:43 AM (404 Views)
On Friday and Saturday, I did some drylands and was on the treadmill. Sunday, I went to Bethel Park and did the following:

Swim/SCY/Solo @ BP

Warm up:

500 various
10 x 25 shooters w/fins @ :40
-- I was surprised this interval was pretty easy to make
100 EZ

Main sets:

5 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 3:00
-- 3 breast (12s), 2 kicks (10s)
50 EZ

20 x 25 back w/fins @ 100 pace, UW 15 m @ :45
200 EZ

10 x 25 breast w/fins @ 100 pace @ :45
200 EZ

10 x 25 no breath free w/fins @ :45
-- wanted to do this race pace, but was too tired
200 EZ

Total: 3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can go long distances on the treadmill with no problem, but put me in the pool and I'm plastered afterward ... My 25s were slower than usual, but not ridiculously slow at all. Of course, I was doing then on a slower interval than usual. Baby steps.

In other random news,

1. My allergies have been killing me this Aug/Sept. I didn't start feeling better until I started taking plant sterols. Usually I'm worse in the spring, but this late summer/fall has been challenging. I think it's the mold.
2. We are going away for xmas and new years this year (Costa Rica). I've wanted to for years as the winters are long here, and we can't really go any other time with Lil Fort.

3. I've decided to re-learn conversational French. Not doing to do it traditionally. I'm going to use Duolingo, podcasts and youtube.

4. Swimming makes me so hungry ...

Submit "Sunday Sept 24" to Digg Submit "Sunday Sept 24" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday Sept 24" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday Sept 24" to Google

Updated September 25th, 2017 at 12:44 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

J'ai Duolingo sur mon mobile aussi.