1 x 50 sprint @ 2:00
1 x 100 EZ @ 3:00
1 x 50 sprint @ 2:00
1 x 100 EZ @ 3:00
1 x 25 sprint @ 1:00
1 x 75 EZ @ 3:00

150 EZ

Total: 2450

This was basically the same workout that I did at Sewy last Friday. The 3rd round, I did the 50s at 100 pace (getting tired). But I did rip off a :23 in one of my fly with fins 50 AFAP efforts. And for the 25 fast kicks, I did shooters (no fins) and went 12 highs. I was happy with those times.

Saturday:

Drylands (sticking with just core and plyos)

RC exercises
good mornings
single leg stand on bosu in streamline, 1:00 each leg
warrior 3 pose on bosu, :30 each leg
streamline crunches
flutter kicks on back on bosu, 100
med ball slams
alternating rope slams, 3 x 30
standing broad jumps, 5
resisted (25 lb) standing broad jumps, 5
altitude drops, 5
extreme angle iso squat, 5:00
hip thrusters
russian twists w/plate, 25 x 2 x 25

5 miles on treadmill

1300 EZ in the pool

It all seems so easy when you're at the gym. This am I woke up with a really sore upper back/shoulders from the explosive slamming ...

Sunday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ BP

Warm up:

600 various
100 scull
100 caterpillar fly drill
4 x 25 shooters
50 EZ

Main sets:

6 x 30 burst off the blocks to 15m, cruise back
100 EZ

8 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) @ 3-3:30
100 EZ

16 x 50 @ 1:00
odds = free w/Lochte turn
evens = EZ kick
100 EZ

Total: 3100

I was sore today but managed to get in some starts and drop dead sprints. My times were solid. I still feel like my turnover could use some improvement. But I've only been back in the pool two months and just re-started my AFAP sprinting. NEVERTHELESS, wait for it, I signed up for a meet! Maybe a bit too much chutzpah, but hey it's masters. So I will take my crappy arms and give it a whirl with expectations in check and seed times adjusted accordingly. Just some 50s to start ... I feel like I have a free pass for life with respect to dying at the end of races now. Lil Fort gave me an A+ for post adversity bravery.

Submit "Fri-Sun, Nov. 3-5" to Digg Submit "Fri-Sun, Nov. 3-5" to del.icio.us Submit "Fri-Sun, Nov. 3-5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Fri-Sun, Nov. 3-5" to Google

Updated November 5th, 2017 at 05:34 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Alright, very glad to see you returning to competition!

For those of us sprinters who peruse your blog like the I Ching, could you let us know when a sprint is with fins? How do you decide whether or not to use fins, and do you think there is a differential training effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Alright, very glad to see you returning to competition!

For those of us sprinters who peruse your blog like the I Ching, could you let us know when a sprint is with fins? How do you decide whether or not to use fins, and do you think there is a differential training effect?
    Hmm ... I don't think you need much sprinting advice!

I've been fairly glued to my fins (except for some 25s and kicking) the last two months primarily to de-stress and remove the load from the thoracic area. The dr cut out all the muscle in that area. And it's only the last few practices that I haven't felt really strained after swimming. This is a work in progress as my body re-adjusts.

Mostly, I use fins to work on my dolphin kick/leg conditioning and for the neuro-muscular patterning from overspeed training. When I do my AFAP 25s, I tend to mix fins and non-fin work, sometimes alternating.
    Updated November 6th, 2017 at 03:31 PM by The Fortress