View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

11/7/2017 Workout

Rate this Entry
by , November 7th, 2017 at 08:53 AM (46 Views)
I've got a CrossFit competition this weekend. Not especially looking forward to it as I'm starting to enjoy the water more than the barbell. But, I signed up and I've got a partner counting on me so I'll go and do my best. I still love physical competition in almost any form.

11/7/2017 CrossFit Workout

Warmup - run, stretch, plyos

Strength - PCl + FS + J (complex for competition Saturday)
135/1+1+1, 165/1+1+1, 185/1+1+1, 205/1+1+1, 225/1+1+1, 245/1+1+1

Conditioning - EMOM 12
1 - 12 cal assault bike
2 - 6 per arm 1-arm DB thrusters 50#
3 - 8 strict toes to bar

Submit "11/7/2017 Workout" to Digg Submit "11/7/2017 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "11/7/2017 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "11/7/2017 Workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I came close but never caught the CrossFit bug, myself, tho I admire those who can keep up with it. It's really true for me, at least, at my stage (beginner) that swimming is a little bit addictive. I find there is always some thing to work on, to tweak, to improve, to practice, and I really enjoy being in the water. Good luck with your event this weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by f1refl1es!
    I came close but never caught the CrossFit bug, myself, tho I admire those who can keep up with it. It's really true for me, at least, at my stage (beginner) that swimming is a little bit addictive. I find there is always some thing to work on, to tweak, to improve, to practice, and I really enjoy being in the water. Good luck with your event this weekend!
    Thanks!

I've been doing it in some form for almost 6 years now... was really into it for a bit, it kind of filled the hole that swimming had when I needed a break after college, then got into Olympic weightlifting, then back into CF. It's like swimming in that there's always something to work on.

I think part of my CF fatigue is perspective. I swam in college, we got a couple NCAA trophies as a team. That was my athletic peak, and I'm aware of that and OK with it. I want to forestall the inevitable decline as much as I can, but I know it's there and it's not THAT far off (I'll be 29 next week, and got married a few weeks ago so I can see kiddos on the horizon). A lot of the gung-ho CF people act like they're on a mission to be some high level athlete and they're just going to beat their head against a wall trying to get to this mystical "elite" level and get there just by force of will and whatever magic orthorexic diet and supplement plan they've started worshipping, meanwhile they are marveling that I can do something simple like jump on a box and land without looking like a baby deer. I don't know if frustration with that is realism or cynicism, some combination of both or something else entirely.

Well, that got a little soap-boxy. I'll climb down now.
    No, I get what you're saying, there's a healthy area and then there's .... a little obsession. I guess they have a healthier obsession, than some other kinds tho!!

I think your blog encouraged me - I just finished a quick upper body workout. Not CF by any means (and I am sadly long past my own athletic prime), but, it's always a good kind of tired. Thanks!

Congratulations on your marriage! It's a major milestone and there seems to be no avoiding some degree of "relaxing," just keep it time-limited. Hopefully as your family grows, your "team" will, too. I enjoy doing workout when I can coax my DH to join in, or going out walking when we have a family gathering. There are ways to make it less inevitable. (Okay, now *I* will exit the soapbox haha)