View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

1/11/18 Workout

Rate this Entry
by , January 11th, 2018 at 10:00 AM (35 Views)
Thursday, 1/11/2018 Pool Workout

Time trial day!

200 fr/200 k/200 p
8x50 k/dr, dr/b :60 IMO
8x25 open/close :30 IMO
100 EZ

4x(50 FAST off blocks IMO, 100 EZ) 5:00

//24.2 fly, 25.0 back, 28.6 breast, 22.8 free. Ran out of gas by the end again but the overarching word of the day was "sloppy." Got caught underwater multiple times, glided into walls, mistimed turns, rushing catches and not grabbing water. Might have went past 15m on backstroke. Second 25 of breast was just flat. My sprint free is a mess - my stroke rate is way too slow but somehow I'm also spinning my wheels. Despite all of that, I'm fairly happy with the times, they are not far off of what my last meet times converted too, and at 6am with fairly dead legs. I just know I have a lot of cleaning up to do.

200 warmdown

Submit "1/11/18 Workout" to Digg Submit "1/11/18 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "1/11/18 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "1/11/18 Workout" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Two pieces of good news here....
    1. Your times are still really amazing!
    2. You've recognized some of the problems you're experiencing while in practice and not in a race. That's awesome because now you have the insight and time to tweak for when you do a real race. Nice work!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Two pieces of good news here....
    1. Your times are still really amazing!
    2. You've recognized some of the problems you're experiencing while in practice and not in a race. That's awesome because now you have the insight and time to tweak for when you do a real race. Nice work!
    Thanks! Like I wrote, I am pretty happy with the times, they honestly aren't far off what I'd do in a lactate set of 50s in college. But I have a lot to clean up and not a whole lot of training time or interactive coaching to do it with. I think I may start doing an off-the-blocks swim at the end of practice once a week, just to try to get the racing bugs out.