View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Nov. 21

Rate this Entry
by , November 21st, 2008 at 04:23 PM (1434 Views)
No swimming today.

75 minutes at the gym doing weights and core work. Felt pretty strong. Did the lat pull down for the first time in ages. Very light weight though.

Hopped on the treadmill for a 4 mile run. (Julie will come along and call me a hypocrite now unless she's already left for MI. lol But I'm not a real runner anymore.) The treadmill is really really boring though ...

For the record, I will NOT be doing the Tahoe swim those fools are chatting about on the forum.

Submit "Friday, Nov. 21" to Digg Submit "Friday, Nov. 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Nov. 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Nov. 21" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh come on, be a sport. Just think of it as a day of boating on beautiful Lake Tahoe with an occassional dip in the lake to stay cool.
    I don't like freezing my ass off and incurring hypothermia!
    Then sit in the boat, drink umbrella drinks and laugh at the idiots
    Exactly! I did offer to serve hot cocoa ...
    What kind of a pace did you hold for the 4-mile treadmill run? For a non-runner, 4 miles is a nice little distance.

I really despise treadmills, it is way too easy to just stop at the slightest annoyance. My leg hurts, I get a cramp, whatever, just press STOP and you're done. When I'm out running on roads/trails, I'd still have to get back to where I started somehow, so it might as well be by running.

One caveat, is running makes a great warm-up for weights. When in Albuquerque for work a few weeks ago, I did a few nice 5k treadmill runs. Watching, "Wheel of Fortune," actually helped, between that and the iPod, and playing around with the treadmill speed, I was able to survive a 5k.
    Me too, treadmills are horrible. I run outside 95% of the time on a trail. Love trail runs. I used to run a whole lot more, but gave myself a double stress fracture. My loose ankles are just not much use in running. I still try to run a 5 mile loop near my house 2x week. I just run slowly in zone 2 since I spend so much time sprinting in the pool. My loop usually takes a little less than 40-5 minutes, so I'm maybe under just a bit under a 9 minute mile. I get very pouty when I have to eliminate running for a taper.

Maybe I'll try a little run on the treadmill before weights next time.