500 various
100 scull
4 x 25 shooters
50 EZ

Main sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise, mostly from the blocks
100 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP + 75 EZ) from the blocks

4 x (broken AFAP 50, :10-:15 rest, + 150 EZ)
-- 2 swim, 2 shooters

Total: 2250

Monday:

Drylands: 50-55 min

single leg deadlifts, good mornings, tricep press, hip thrusters, resisted standing broad jumps, altitude drops, med ball slams, extreme angle step ups w/bar, push press, explosive leg extensions

3 miles on treadmill

Tuesday: Swim/SCY/Solo @ Sewy

Warm up:

500 various
100 scull
4 x 25 shooters

Main sets:

2 rounds w/fins
20 x 25 IM order @ :45 @ 100 pace
200 EZ

10 x 25 back kick @ :40 @ 100 pace
100 EZ

Total: 2450

5 miles on the treadmill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I defaulted to 100 pace today because I was tired from the weekend's sprint workouts and weights yesterday. I'm still somewhat ambivalent about my "comeback" ... it's frustrating to feel physically limited and I know it's going to take awhile to be swimming/racing fit again. But I nonetheless purchased a new tech suit today to use this spring as there are only old ones in my closet. Though I like Arenas, I wasn't moved to pay $550 for the newest model. So I opted for the new A3 VICI suit. And, unlike, Arenas, it comes in black!

Submit "Sun-Tues, March 11-13" to Digg Submit "Sun-Tues, March 11-13" to del.icio.us Submit "Sun-Tues, March 11-13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sun-Tues, March 11-13" to Google

Updated March 14th, 2018 at 10:22 AM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Tech suits are so stupid expensive now... I thought they'd go back down in price after supersuit years but I guess not. All I really want is one of the old FSIs!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Tech suits are so stupid expensive now... I thought they'd go back down in price after supersuit years but I guess not. All I really want is one of the old FSIs!
    Yeah, now the highest end tech suits cost much more than the banned B70s and last a much shorter time ... I really just want my old Arena carbon pro, but those are long gone now. I see you signed up for Indy -- fantastic! I am tentatively planning on going.
    I found a Speedo LZR Racer Pro (how many descriptors do they need?!) in a size that actually fits on sale for half off the other day and jumped on it. They had FSIIs on sale too but about 3 sizes too big.

And yes, all signed up to beat the entry fee increase - I'm excited! Hope to see you and other blog denizens there. My age group (25-29) looks like it's one heck of a minefield, glad I only have one more year in it :P