View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 03/31/18: morning

Rate this Entry
Life has been busy as expected since the Harvard meet. Finally able to get into the water this week with the team, which is great considering that our own home mini meet happens next Saturday in southwestern Vermont.

200 swim/100 kick/200 pull/200 choice

Fort Speed Set:
Swim: Fins optional, pick your own interval for max rest or don't bother to look at the clock in between hard efforts

1 x 25 AFAP
1 x 50 EZ
1 x 50 AFAP
2 x 50 EZ
1 x 75 AFAP
3 x 50 EZ
1 x 100 @ 90%
4 x 50 EZ (worked on turns)

5 x 50 (odds fast from blocks, evens ez)

200 loosen and out
[Masters/Rec/1900 yds/75 min]
==========================

I love using this speed set heading into a meet...thanks again Leslie! Only Greg, Sean and Rebecca in the water today.

Preparations for the swim meet are coming along as well as expected at this point. The biggest concern I have is director is making sure that there are enough timers; because I run this swim meet as a benefit for the local age group swim team, whose season has already ended, we rely on them to run the meet while I do my best to get people here to swim in it. I don't get to really see the communication on their side so this aspect of being a director gives me the most anxiety. Right now we have 13 people who have signed up, but I'm still expecting more entries from Regional workout groups in the Adirondacks, New Hampshire, and the Berkshires. Hard to believe it's going to be our 7th annual meet this year!

Happy Passover and Easter everyone

Submit "Workout 03/31/18: morning" to Digg Submit "Workout 03/31/18: morning" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 03/31/18: morning" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 03/31/18: morning" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments