View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

April 4

Rate this Entry
I have been swimming. I was in NC the last week on spring break, but I swam at a local Y. Even met a fellow USMS swimmer in my age group there! The journey home was very long and fairly back breaking. I am going to rest hard for 5 days for our Y Champs at the Spire Institute. I'm doing all the 25s and 50s and the 50s will count for USMS. Here is the psych sheet: http://www.amymsa.org/Heatsheet.pdf

I swam at Pitt tonight, just did 1200. Felt super dreadful.

Like many, I am super peeved by the new USMS website. I couldn't access the blogs/forums last night. I cannot access My USMS. I tried to sign up for nationals. I couldn't, just got a blank blue page. Odd that they launch a new site right before the deadline for signing up for nationals. Why fix something that isn't broke and give it a super bland front page?

Submit "April 4" to Digg Submit "April 4" to del.icio.us Submit "April 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "April 4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

They probably had some consulting group review the website and advise them to become more "in touch" with current website trends.

More and more websites look like word press sites. I find them to look cheap and bland. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with the old usms website. I thought it was clean, easy to navigate, and provided all the necessary information.

My personal opinion, usms wasted a lot of good money on a bad idea.
    I wasn't able to log in for awhile too and have reset my login and password at least two or three times, and have had lots of trouble logging in from different locations. It also doesn't always let me login and access my workout logs. I finally just found the link to the forum at the bottom of the web page and that allowed access to the blog page.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    They probably had some consulting group review the website and advise them to become more "in touch" with current website trends.

More and more websites look like word press sites. I find them to look cheap and bland. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with the old usms website. I thought it was clean, easy to navigate, and provided all the necessary information.

My personal opinion, usms wasted a lot of good money on a bad idea.
    Agree, unfortunately. I wonder what personnel changes prompted it? Nothing is easy to navigate now. I couldnít even find a meet I was looking for on the calendar of events yesterday. Had to google. At this rate, people will sign up for fewer meets. Except nationals, of course, which is a merchandising extravaganza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    I wasn't able to log in for awhile too and have reset my login and password at least two or three times, and have had lots of trouble logging in from different locations. It also doesn't always let me login and access my workout logs. I finally just found the link to the forum at the bottom of the web page and that allowed access to the blog page.
    i just donít understand why they either intentionally created the chaos or didnít realize it would ensue.

I cleared cookies and got onto My USMS. But judging from the NSR thread, one might have to do that continually. No way.
    It's nice to see that you're swimming again.

Kind regards - Val