View RSS Feed

Ande's Swimming Blog

Email to my coach to discuss Resting & preparing for ZONES

Rate this Entry
Sent this email to my coach Whitney to discuss Resting & preparing for Zones:

Hi Whitney,

Id like to get your thoughts on tapering & preparing for Zones. Im not going to LCM Nationals, Zones is it for my LCM season. Were 17 Days out (Sat July 18 19)
events entered:
Saturday 1500 fr 50 fl 100 fr 50 bk 200 IM
Sunday 400 IM 50 Br 200 FR 100 BK 50 FR

Probably should rest more than I did for Sr Cir, but not too much since Im swimming the 1500 fr, 400 IM, 200 fr & 200 IM.

Meet Entry Form To see order of events

Ande

Longhorn swimmers whove entered Zones: (so far)
Bradley Bailey, Todd Bartee. Tyler Blessing, Ed Coates, David Guthrie, Bess Hilpert, Mary Hughes, Kendal Jacobson, Anders Rasmussen, Jeff Thibault, Cynthia Thomas, & Larry Wood

Submit "Email to my coach to discuss Resting & preparing for ZONES" to Digg Submit "Email to my coach to discuss Resting & preparing for ZONES" to del.icio.us Submit "Email to my coach to discuss Resting & preparing for ZONES" to StumbleUpon Submit "Email to my coach to discuss Resting & preparing for ZONES" to Google

Categories
Planning

Comments

I have done 2 weeks tapers on a similar event schedule and had great results. Heck, I think that I needed more on my recent Zone Champs because I had some incredible drops the week after at USA-S LCM meet. Good luck with your Zones and can't wait to see what kind of time you do in your 1500.
    Sorry you are not going to make it to nationals.

Since Zones is your main taper meet, are you still planning on swimming the 1500 and 400IM? Are they your first events for each day, as you've listed them? That's pretty tough.
    Yeah, that definitely looks like a grueling event schedule.