View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed, April 25

Rate this Entry
I was on the treadmill Monday and Tuesday. Went to Pitt on Wed night.

Swim/SCY @ Pitt

Warm up:

400 various
6 x 50, 15 shooter + 25 back kick w/fins @ :55
8 x 25 @ :40, I did odds shooters, evens single arm fly

Main sets:

3 rounds (there were 4 rounds but I got our early)
1 x 200 IM fast @ 3:00 (did 100 free w/paddles on Rd 1 & 3; back kick on Rd 2)
1 x 100 IM recover @ 2:10 (same pattern as above)
1 x 100 stroke fast @ 2:40 (same pattern as above)

8 x 25 fast stroke @ :40
1 x 100 EZ

Total: 2700

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drove to Hopkins after practice on Wed for my last ultrasound checkup. Things are about the same, starting to grow collaterals, but that process takes years. Dr Lum was somewhat astonished that I could still pull off a #1 ranking with completely occluded veins. I told him the only thing that saves me is my SDK. He's not very bullish on the long term success rate of vein bypass surgery and I am loathe to have more major surgery. So I trudge on growing collaterals.

Submit "Wed, April 25" to Digg Submit "Wed, April 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed, April 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed, April 25" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hours of aerobic exercise will help you develop collateral veins?
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    hours of aerobic exercise will help you develop collateral veins?
    That's the theory. One reason I've been on the treadmill so much.
    One reason I've been on the treadmill so much.
    Wait, what?
    I'm on-board with aerobic exercise stimulating the growth of more capillaries and eventually veins, but I thought the problem was at your shoulder/rib cage junction. What the heck is with the treadmill?? Shouldn't you be using one of those hand-crank stationary "bikes"? Or maybe a X-C ski machine with integrated arms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Wait, what?
    I'm on-board with aerobic exercise stimulating the growth of more capillaries and eventually veins, but I thought the problem was at your shoulder/rib cage junction. What the heck is with the treadmill?? Shouldn't you be using one of those hand-crank stationary "bikes"? Or maybe a X-C ski machine with integrated arms?
    I think once you get your aerobic system going, it's systemic. And I really pump my arms on the treadmill.

But maybe I should hop on the rowing machine from time to time ...