300 w/d

TTL: 5600 yards, 90 min
breakdown:
* 100 fly
* 125 back
* 350 breast
* 4825 free
* 200 kick

another great morning in the pool. the sun is rising earlier, so I'm able to see the clock and start my interval sets sooner (in the winter I hardly get to do any!)
when I swam with the Mesa group, Laura used to give us that, "disappearing intervals," set quite a bit. I've struggled with it before, especially the 40s, but today I felt pretty good. I made both intervals, held 36. but I don't think I could have pushed to 35

I tried out my community pool last night. the water isn't heated, but with air temps getting near 90 during the day (I think still down to 60-65 at night), the water felt quite pleasant. I just did a casual 700 yards. it is just a 5 min walk from home, a nice 25 yard pool (5 lanes), but not ropes.

I'll be traveling out of town tomorrow back Monday and probably won't get to swim, so I've been trying to keep my FLOG ahead of schedule. I'm sure I'll still fall down the rankings in my age group (I've worked up near 10).

Submit "Wednesday 05092018" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 05092018" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 05092018" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 05092018" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Do you swim outside all of the time then?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Do you swim outside all of the time then?
    Most of the time. I do sometimes swim in the pool at my gym (24 Hour Fitness).

Sendero is outside; there are lights in the pool and around the deck, but oddly the pace clock is mounted to a wall on the side of a building, and there's no lights to make it visible when it is dark. The water is heated in winter, and covered with tarps. We can't swim when it is storming, of course.
    When we had a masters group there, the coach brought a small digital clock (she got into a disagreement with the group who runs the pool, and the team fell apart).
    I wear an Apple Watch. If I'm doing timed swims, I'll use that for sendoff/end time (plus it gives more data after it synchs to my phone).

I tried swimming with a local masters team that uses an inside pool, but had breathing problems. It is ok for me to do once in a while, but I guess living and swimming in AZ for so long, made it easier to swim outside.
    TTL: 5600 yards, 90 min
    That's some serious business! Are you plotting something big, or just enjoying a random longer practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    That's some serious business! Are you plotting something big, or just enjoying a random longer practice?
    I was wanting to drop a few pounds, so in April I started to increase my swim workouts. Oddly, I wasn't really losing any weight, but my swimsuits, shorts, and pants had all gotten much looser. I normally wear a 32 suit, but those were getting loose so I found some old 30s and those now fit better. Same for my jeans; well those fall down unless I wear a belt!

Of course after a few days of travel I lost about 5-6 pounds. That always seems to happen, not exactly sure why. Hope I can keep it off now.

I am hoping to do some o/w swims this summer. There's one near Hazleton, PA that I might do (my Mom lives just a few miles away). I'll probably do a few legs of the Highland Lakes Challenge too.
    One of the age group coaches is trying to organize something in Lake Georgetown, which I'd definitely do (so long as I'm in town).