3x100 @ 1:40 FR kick w/ BD
200 @ :45 rest SMOOTH pull w/ paddles breathe 4-6-4-6 by 50
3x100 @ 1:35 FR kick w/ BD
200 @ :45 rest SMOOTH pull w/ paddles breathe 4-6-4-6 by 50

4x125 @ 2:00 kick in S-line w/ fins + SNKL
odd: last 25 UW
even: first 25 UW

Total: 3500

TBC instructor is out of town so we had a different teacher who did a P90X style class instead. A bit cardio heavy for me given I had just finished swimming, but whatever.

Submit "Thursday 5/24/18" to Digg Submit "Thursday 5/24/18" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday 5/24/18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday 5/24/18" to Google

Comments

You motivated me to buy a snorkel... need some work on my body positioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    You motivated me to buy a snorkel... need some work on my body positioning.
    I still have 4 standard issue items from my very first day of college swimming:

1) my drag suit (which is mostly in tatters but still wearable...although not as a stand alone suit anymore!)...(It doesn't look anything like it did in my avatar picture from '05)

2) my goggles (just the UV brown Swedish goggle lenses...the straps I replace every 6-9 months)

3) my mesh bag (which I forgot to return before graduation but no one seemed to care)

4) my snorkel (which has been repaired by pirating pieces from other snorkels many times, but having coached swimming for 6 years and seeing snorkels come and go, none of them have stood the test of time like the original FINIS v1.0 snorkel. I have never managed to nibble through the mouthpiece, it stays clean, and the straps never broke!)

Needless to say, I love to snorkel.

I should add, on a note about equipment, that I have some other college items and some stuff that even predates college:

- kick board (borrowed from MAC's kick board bin when they used to use Davidson's pool)
    - tube (this silly black tire thing, looks like it belongs on a tricycle. Was a "gift" from my club coach from back in junior year of high school, where, for 2 months, he went on a "tubing" obsession...think he got the idea from an ASCA conference)
    - "pull buoy" (not the one I use currently. As a tribute to its longevity, I still have both Styrofoam "cylinders" from my old old school pull buoy. The cord has long since fallen apart so the buoy can no longer be used. This was my first piece of equipment I ever got for swimming, and it was when I was nine years old. It lasted through college and fell apart, finally, about 20 years after first getting it!)
    Updated May 25th, 2018 at 12:52 PM by Calvin S
    My equipment bag is extremely varied - I think my pullbuoy is from club swimming sometime, kickboard was given to me at a swim camp when I was about 14. Goggles come from all over the place. I never did have my own snorkel before - college team had enough for everybody and coach would disinfect them every year and pass them back out to the new freshmen. Unfortunately my fins, paddles and all my suits dry rotted or otherwise fell apart during my 6 year hiatus, so I had to replace all that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    My equipment bag is extremely varied - I think my pullbuoy is from club swimming sometime, kickboard was given to me at a swim camp when I was about 14. Goggles come from all over the place. I never did have my own snorkel before - college team had enough for everybody and coach would disinfect them every year and pass them back out to the new freshmen. Unfortunately my fins, paddles and all my suits dry rotted or otherwise fell apart during my 6 year hiatus, so I had to replace all that stuff.
    Paddle straps I find last the least amount of time. I am replacing those every month or two. Paddles themselves (I use level 1 "green" Strokemakers) have broken over time, usually beginning with a slow warping/bending in the direction that I pull, and eventually splitting (starting right between the straps the middle finger slides into). Nowadays, when I see the fracture start to form, I toss the paddle and get a new one. I carry like 4-5 "blank" paddles in my bag so that I can quickly swap out broken ones. I find them littering the area BEHIND the pool deck at the end of each summer.

I did something similar with some snorkels as well. Since you used to swim with LRAD, you might remember the metal equipment bins full of dirty discarded equipment that they had at UALR. The aquatic director, a few years ago, got tired of them sitting on the deck and emptied them out. He piled all the snorkels up for kids to claim, but no one took any. After about 2 weeks I asked if I could have them. Took them all home, disassembled them, soaked them in Simple Green (figured if my fraternity brothers could use it to clean heavy resin out of their bongs, it could clean mold out of snorkels!), ran them through the dishwasher, and reassembled them. I then passed them out to my high school swimmers I coached. Basically got a team's worth of snorkels for free. The ones beyond repair I took for my graveyard of parts to repair my snorkel every time it needs maintenance.