View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Sunday 6/10/18

Rate this Entry
AM LCM w/ Blue Ash YMCA @ Miami University of Ohio "BASH/PCY Summer Classic Day #3" (or Day #1 for me)

Back in Cincinnati visiting my folks. Due to trip preparations and an untimely thunderstorm/power outage, I was unable to swim Friday. I was travelling all day Saturday so no swimming that day either. I was a little apprehensive about how I might swim having not touched the water since Thursday morning and coming off a 9 hour drive in the car, but I was pleasantly surprised.

100 FR - 1:00.54 (28.85/31.69) - I was a little slow on my start, and flipped 6th at the wall, but really came charging home on the back half to finish second in the heat. Kick felt great. I need to be more aggressive going out. My lifetime best in the event is only 58.2, so I am going to aim to beat that when I shave and taper.

100 BR - 1:19.04 (36.55/42.49) - This was my throw away event. I haven't raced breaststroke in 4 years. Felt in control for the first 50 (but not that fast). Definitely lost my catch and stroke and sank really low in the water on the last 40 meters. While my freestyle is coming along nicely, my breaststroke is going to need a lot of work in the coming months to get back to racing shape.

Total: 3000

I am in Cincinnati for two weeks and will be using it as a mini training camp with the club team. I am entered in another meet for next weekend.

Submit "Sunday 6/10/18" to Digg Submit "Sunday 6/10/18" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 6/10/18" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 6/10/18" to Google

Comments