bicycles on bosu, 2 x 50
planks, 3 x 1:00
internal and external rotators, 10 x 3 x 15, each arm
prone scapular scrunches w/elevated feet, 2 x 25
arm extensions, 3 x 3 x 15
windshield wipers, 2 x 10

10 minutes stretching

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Couldn't get to the pool today. Still draggin' and have a sore throat. Really hoping it's not you know what, but it has crept into my mind. Hoping to go to my LC practice tomorrow night.

Noticed that Jazz Hands was doing fast butterfly pulls with bands today. This is from Ande's tip, [ame="http://www.usms.org/forums/showpost.php?p=171194&postcount=1084"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Ande's Swimming Tips: Swimming Faster Faster[/ame]. I think I should incorporate these. It seems like a slightly different version of the Cavic fly drill. Jazz does them fast, so they are more of an explosive weight exercise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Food:

Breakfast: 2 slices of Ezekial bread toast w/peanut butter, blueberries
Post weight snack: Smoothie w/banana, tuscan melon, blueberries, vanilla yogurt, L-Glutamine, bee pollen, flax seed oil and whey protein
Late Lunch: 2 slices of quiche, raspberries
Snack: apple
Dinner: gyros at yet another summer league meet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got an email from the meet director of Junior Champs that I was entered in the meet. A whopping 2 events, but that's all I feel like swimming 2 weeks before Nats. Got this link via email today from USA Swimming re: RC: http://www.usaswimming.org/USASWeb/V...06&ItemId=3132

Submit "Monday, July 6" to Digg Submit "Monday, July 6" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, July 6" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, July 6" to Google

Updated July 6th, 2009 at 11:26 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

Hope that throat feels better soon! Could the stuff in the air be aggravating it?

I'm curious to know what windshield wipers are.
    Poor Fort! I hope your throat is just a sore throat too!
    Feeling poorly in the summer makes it worse yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    Hope that throat feels better soon! Could the stuff in the air be aggravating it?

I'm curious to know what windshield wipers are.
    Could be.

Windshield wipers: http://www.ehow.com/video_2359455_st...iper-core.html

However, I do them with straight uncrossed legs. To make them harder, you can use hand weights with arms raised straight up in the air. A deep core exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Could be.

Windshield wipers: http://www.ehow.com/video_2359455_st...iper-core.html

However, I do them with straight uncrossed legs. To make them harder, you can use hand weights with arms raised straight up in the air. A deep core exercise.
    I love those -I added them to that Lezak program since it was low on core stuff- IMHO I feel the twisting is good for long-axis strokes. I'd be careful of how fast you do them though- I pulled something in my side when I stupidly did them AFAP during the speed month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    I love those -I added them to that Lezak program since it was low on core stuff- IMHO I feel the twisting is good for long-axis strokes. I'd be careful of how fast you do them though- I pulled something in my side when I stupidly did them AFAP during the speed month.
    Never knew you were supposed to do core exercises AFAP ...

This is actually a Laird Hamilton exercise.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Never knew you were supposed to do core exercises AFAP ...

This is actually a Laird Hamilton exercise.
    I don't think you are. But I was adapting it to the routine. The ab twists worked well AFAP, and so did the dead bug kicks- they felt good and no/less risk of injury, but next time I will do at the same pace throughout the plan.

I don't recall- are you doing Hains point or is it too close to nats?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    I don't think you are. But I was adapting it to the routine. The ab twists worked well AFAP, and so did the dead bug kicks- they felt good and no/less risk of injury, but next time I will do at the same pace throughout the plan.

I don't recall- are you doing Hains point or is it too close to nats?
    No, I'm an elitist pool snob. And I dislike racing outside, or at least backstroke.

I'm swimming in Junior Champs, a USA meet at U of Md that same weekend, instead. I'm only swimming two events, as it is rather close to Nationals. I might only swim one. Definitely not a full weekend, as I now know I simply can't recover from that.