View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Friday 12212018

Rate this Entry
by , December 21st, 2018 at 05:49 PM (33 Views)
Friday AM solo swim...

drove to Sendero. guards told me that heating (really natural gas) problem is still going on. water temp is 69F, no hot water in showers, no heat in locker room. I left and drove to the Georgetown Rec Center (I'm not a member so it is $5).

1000 w/u (mixed in some breast and back, and switched lanes to get one with flags, was busy when I showed up)

3 rounds:
* 100 kick w/board and fins
* 75 easy swim w/fins
* 25 fast fly w/fins

100 easy

4 x 150 pull @ 2:15, w/Catalyst paddles + buoy

100 easy

4 rounds of (all 25s on 30):
* 25, done 1/2 easy, 1/2 fast
* 25, done 1/2 fast, 1/2 easy
* 25 easy
* 25 fast
--rounds 1 & 3 were free, rounds 2 & 4 the fast was breast

5 x 200 free @ 3:00 (held about 2:48)

4 x 150 pull @ 2:10, w/Agility paddles + buoy

200 w/d

TTL: 4800 yards

this is a decent pool, for an indoor pool. I swam here a few weeks ago when the air temp was too cold for Sendero to open (they don't open if it is under 40F). the first visit was free, after that it is $5. but they do have free electric car charging; I drive a plug-in hybrid, so charged for free while I swam.

I hadn't done any speed-type work in a long time, so figured since I was inside, with a digital pace clock, I might as well. my fast 25s were on about 16, which isn't too horrible for me.

something about swimming in indoor pools...my breathing always seems a bit more labored, and I drink more water. I guess that's why I put up with Sendero, despite all the drama (plus it is only $60/year, outside, and about a 7 minute drive from home).
I just wasn't in the mood for the gym pool today, and it looks like I'll have to do that Monday if I want to swim, as both Sendero and the Rec Center are closed since it is Christmas Eve.

if the weather is decent, I'm thinking of heading down to Barton Springs this weekend. it has been a few months since I've been.
and speaking of water temps, yea the water there is usually 68-72F. I'll plan on Sunday afternoon, if it is sunny.
I managed to swim at the Bondi Icebergs pool when the water temp was 18C (about 64F), on a sunny day with air temps in the 70s (it certainly wasn't pleasant to start out, but after the initial shock, and the first 200m, I was mostly ok). I wore a cap and 2 suits.

Submit "Friday 12212018" to Digg Submit "Friday 12212018" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 12212018" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 12212018" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments