View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 12/31/18: noon

Rate this Entry
Quiet couple of weeks due to work and holiday pool closures. I have been hitting an 80# punching bag with a 20min workout 3-4 times a week which seems to be helping my shoulders. Swim today at lunchtime...

200 free/200 back/200 im drill
600 shark swim
50 ez
Build a 200 IM
50 ez
200 loosen and out
[Sole/Rec/2500 yds/50 min]
=======================

I went over 111 miles for the year which is twice as much as last year. I had some good swims at meets although not as many OW swims as I would have liked. Overall a good year...I'll take it!

Submit "Workout 12/31/18: noon" to Digg Submit "Workout 12/31/18: noon" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 12/31/18: noon" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 12/31/18: noon" to Google

Updated January 2nd, 2019 at 11:22 PM by rxleakem

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Wait, what, you trained 111 miles last year and "had some good swims at meets"?
    I trained 200 miles last year (my lowest in many years) and going to a meet was just unthinkable. How the heck can you you race, and do *well*, on that volume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Wait, what, you trained 111 miles last year and "had some good swims at meets"?
    I trained 200 miles last year (my lowest in many years) and going to a meet was just unthinkable. How the heck can you you race, and do *well*, on that volume?
    You've never seen rxleakem swim! He's fast, and evidently just needs a small amount of maintenance swimming to keep that level of fitness. Imagine how much faster he'd be if he got in more!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    You've never seen rxleakem swim! He's fast, and evidently just needs a small amount of maintenance swimming to keep that level of fitness. Imagine how much faster he'd be if he got in more!
    It's scary is what it is.
    haha thanks guys. Still dealing with a minor bum shoulder but am trying to get other cross training to keep endurance up. I find that a good drop taper and higher intensity stuff helps me find some speed for the meets