View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

1/3/19 Workout

Rate this Entry
by , January 3rd, 2019 at 09:08 AM (353 Views)
Thursday, 1/3/2019 Pool Workout

Still feeling a little beat up, but that's OK - don't need a lot of pop yet at this point in the season. Will sacrifice that for getting a little stronger right now. Just kept moving today, nothing too noteworthy.

3x{100 free 1:30
100 IM 1:40
100 bk drill 1:50
100 k 2:00}

4x{4x50 1:00
1,2 - dr/k
3 - cruise free
4 - build}
IMO

3x{4x100 1:45
1 - cruise free
2 - IM
3 - double strong stroke IM no free (back)
4 - double weak stroke IM no free (fly)}

6x50 dr/sw ez 1:00

100 IM fast

200 warmdown

3800y

Started looking at pricing for flights/hotels/rental car for Nationals - looks like it would be closing in on $1k... which is a lot to spend for a swim meet. That plus getting the bill for my colonoscopy and being pretty significantly higher than I expected and I'm having some second thoughts about going there. So... my coach mentioned this as a possibility and I'm going to look into it... I may sign up for a USA-S meet in February to qualify for Sectionals (they are at Mizzou which is relatively close!) and do a day or two of them mostly unrested, and then use Ozark SCY Champs the last weekend of March as my taper meet. Gotta decide pretty quick though because February isn't that far away.

Submit "1/3/19 Workout" to Digg Submit "1/3/19 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "1/3/19 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "1/3/19 Workout" to Google

Updated January 3rd, 2019 at 03:57 PM by JPEnge

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Fairly certain Central Sectionals is LCM this year, Jeff.

NEVERMIND! Just checked and it was changed to SCY. There were on this program where spring sectionals was LCM for the 2 cycles before an Olympics. Guess they changed it (again).

I should add: I actually qualified myself as well, but Columbia is a LONG haul (and a VERY boring drive) so I am going to pass this time (but qualifying times are good for 2 years so I can always go another time!).
    Ha, I did that drive with you and Matt once! A lot easier from where I am, little less than 2 hours per the Googs. I did check and see if it was SCY or LCM, no way would I even consider it LCM. Would be fun to swim at Mizzou again, a good chunk of my PRs are still in that pool.

Have to decide quickly though, looks like the only meet still available for the club team my masters group is attached to that I could qualify at is Ozark Senior Champs last weekend of January and the entry deadline is... tomorrow. On the plus side, it is in a brand-spanking-new high school pool literally 10 minutes from my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Ha, I did that drive with you and Matt once! A lot easier from where I am, little less than 2 hours per the Googs. I did check and see if it was SCY or LCM, no way would I even consider it LCM. Would be fun to swim at Mizzou again, a good chunk of my PRs are still in that pool.

Have to decide quickly though, looks like the only meet still available for the club team my masters group is attached to that I could qualify at is Ozark Senior Champs last weekend of January and the entry deadline is... tomorrow. On the plus side, it is in a brand-spanking-new high school pool literally 10 minutes from my house.
    THATíS RIGHT! Forgot we all carpooled together. You could always just deck enter. I usually do that with the smaller local meets here. That way Iím not out the money if I canít make the meet. Yeah I pay like a 5.00 premium to enter events if I deck enter, but Iím usually only dropping in for one event (because I normally do deck entry if I know my weekend will be busy and my schedule might be in flux, as opposed to when I enter ahead of time and have cleared my calendar for the meet).