View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Wednesday 1/16/19

Rate this Entry
by , January 16th, 2019 at 11:25 PM (170 Views)
PM SCY Solo @ LRRC

4x
100 @ 2:00 I.M. kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
75 @ 1:30 I.M. (drop 1 stroke) kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
50 @ 1:00 I.M. (drop another 1 stroke) kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
25 @ :30 I.M. (drop another 1 stroke) kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
RD1: FR stands alone
RD2: BR stands alone
RD3: BK stands alone
RD4: FL stands alone

12x25 @ :40 BK kick H.A.S. focus on shoulder roll

12x25 @ :30 FR swim PERFECT STROKE! w/ 4/6/2 turns

8x50 @ :55 FR kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
:40 REST
6x50 @ :50 FR kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
1:00 REST
4x50 @ :45 FR kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL
1:00 REST
2x50 @ :40 FR kick H.A.S. w/ SNKL

200 FLOAT

Total: 2800

Submit "Wednesday 1/16/19" to Digg Submit "Wednesday 1/16/19" to del.icio.us Submit "Wednesday 1/16/19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wednesday 1/16/19" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Shoulders been bugging you? Or just trying to get your legs stronger?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Shoulders been bugging you? Or just trying to get your legs stronger?
    Both. Father-in-law is a PT and took a look. It isn't even swimmer's shoulder. Just nagging soreness/minor pain from time to time. Since my comeback last January I have taken two other such breaks, both about a week long, where I just kicked with a snorkel and my hands at my side. I call them "mental health breaks" for my upper body. And obviously the kicking helps with my leg strength. I have started adding swimming back in again. I also suspect part of the issue, since it is only on my left side, stems from my single side breathing, every two strokes, on my left side (so breathing to the right). So I am trying to work in some breathing to the other side to alleviate some of the stress.

Also also, since my big meet is not until mid April, now would be the time to do preventative maintenance so that I can prepare myself for the last big push over the next 9-10 weeks before I start to taper!