View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

2/27/19 Workout

Rate this Entry
by , February 27th, 2019 at 08:40 AM (492 Views)
Wednesday, 2/27/2019 Pool Workout

Triceps/shoulders sore today for some reason. Not sure why. Started feeling a little giddyup though after a few days off of weights, that's a good sign! Apparently my bucket pull sprints at the end looked strong.

4x{100 fr 1:30 + 25 k IMO :30}
4x{75 fr 1:30 + 25 dr IMO :30}
4x{50 fr 1:30 + 25 sw IMO :30}

4x75 k 1:15
3x100 25 flut k/25 sw 1:30
4x75 k/fins 1:00
3x100 25 flut k/25 sw w/fins 1:15

8x75 1:10 3 ez/1 fast 500ish pace (:42,:41, a little fast)
8x50 :50 2 ez/2 fast 200ish pace (:28s back, :32s breast)
8x25 :30 1 ez/3 fast 100ish pace (:12s free, :13/:12s fly)

100 ez
4x(25 bucket pull IMO + 25 ez)
100 warmdown

4000y

Submit "2/27/19 Workout" to Digg Submit "2/27/19 Workout" to del.icio.us Submit "2/27/19 Workout" to StumbleUpon Submit "2/27/19 Workout" to Google

Updated February 27th, 2019 at 09:16 AM by JPEnge

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Probably that pre-taper/just started taper blues! For me that was always the scariest part of taper, and why I hated using the word around my swimmers early on in the process. You say “taper” and they think: a) low/no yardage and easy swimming and b) that when they swim they are supposed to all of a sudden feel magically AMAZING.
    Instead, I would have to remind myself that I was still only just beginning to taper and that I wasn’t to that “easy speed” yet.

Also from one former breaststroke to a “born again” breaststroke, that stroke made taper doubly scary. There were seasons and taper meets where I went to warm up for my first breaststroke race and STILL didn’t feel tapered/didn’t have a stroke that get right. I learned to trust (eventually) that when the horn sounded and I dove in the water, my breaststroke would be ON!
    Yep, that's what I was figuring. It took me until probably my junior year of college to learn to trust the taper process and not think about how I felt until pretty much doing pre-race specific warmup before my first race.

This'll be a little different than my taper for Masters Nats last year - I have a LOT more base than I did last year, and I think I'm overall stronger, so theoretically I should have more to taper off of.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    This'll be a little different than my taper for Masters Nats last year - I have a LOT more base than I did last year, and I think I'm overall stronger, so theoretically I should have more to taper off of.
    Exactly how I feel about my upcoming taper for YMCA Masters Nationals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Exactly how I feel about my upcoming taper for YMCA Masters Nationals.
    Now, the interesting thing is going to be maintaining through Ozark Champs last weekend of March. Though it looks like it won't take going through hoops to get my Sectionals times USMS approved so if I accidentally overtaper myself it isn't the end of the world.
    Your Top Ten chairperson for your LMSC usually can handle that. Ours is Doug, so he is ALWAYS on top of those things

Although there was a time when TT times required the most ridiculous burden of proof. You used to need a pool measurement for each session in which an event was contested. This was crazy most USA-S championship meets they measure the pool once, in each lane, before the start of the event. Was a huge pain in the ass.
    Oh, I've talked to our Top Ten person - technically, I am Top Ten person in training, actually, so I work with her a lot.

Plus one of the LMSC board members who used to do lots of USA-S meets will be there officiating so she can help. And one of the meet organizers is a Masters person. I think I'll be good!
    Actually, I just found the rules on measurement. Mizzou length is on record according to the list I found, so this'll be even easier than I thought...

"The measurement rules and policies of USA Swimming shall be the standard for Top 10 eligibility forevents sanctioned by USA-S. Currently USA-S only requires bulkhead placement measurements fornational records, so times achieved by USMS at USA-S meets are eligible for Top 10 considerationwithout bulkhead measurements. The measurement rules and policies of USMS shall apply for dualsanctioned events, so at these meets bulkhead measurements must be performed for times to beconsidered for either USMS Top 10 or Records."