View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Sunday 3/31/19

Rate this Entry
by , March 31st, 2019 at 05:03 PM (191 Views)
PM SCY w/ Trip, Jack, Michael, Scott Claycomb, Ravi Sun, Noel Strauss, Larry Golden, Doug (as my chief split-getter), and a bunch of others! "Happy Birthday, Trip!"

400 swim every 4th 25 scull w/ SNKL
300 pull w/ paddles + SNKL
200 kick every 3rd 25 BR w/ BD
100 I.M. drill

8x50 @ 1:00 "Progressive Freestyle" w/ SNKL
4x75 @ 1:10 D1-4 (:48, :47, :46, :45)
8x25 V.S.
4 @ :40 FR kick w/ BD
4 @ :30 FR swim
100 EZ

2x
5x50 @ :50 @ 500 PACE
200 EZ
RD1 - 28.89, 29.15, 29.21, 29.33, 29.31
RD2 - 28.98, 29.11, 29.20, 28.84, 28.78

100 EZ

Total: 3000

Today was Trip's birthday, so lots of people came out for his birthday swim. It used to be Xx100 @ 1:30 (long course when the LCM was available) where X was Trip's age. Now that he is getting OLD, it is Xx50 @ :50 SCY. So this year it was 61x50 @ :50. Being on taper, I did not do all 61. I sort of weaved in and out of the set while doing my workout (I did my pace 50s with the rest of the group).

Submit "Sunday 3/31/19" to Digg Submit "Sunday 3/31/19" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 3/31/19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 3/31/19" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Haha, I remember little Ravi!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Haha, I remember little Ravi!
    haha, yeah "little Ravi" who was still 1:47 in the 200 BK! He said it was his first time back in the water in several months. He was training for the Little Rock Marathon last time I had seen him. He is back in LR for medical school. I told him he looked good in the water, but he was definitely a little out of swimming shape!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    haha, yeah "little Ravi" who was still 1:47 in the 200 BK! He said it was his first time back in the water in several months. He was training for the Little Rock Marathon last time I had seen him. He is back in LR for medical school. I told him he looked good in the water, but he was definitely a little out of swimming shape!
    His backstroke was so naturally smooth. I bet it'll come back to him fast if he wants to get back in.

I just remember at Sectionals prelims of the 200 back, I was in lane 4 and Ravi and Sam Olsen were in 1 and 8. The guy in lane 5 walked over and sniggered and said "hey, look at that tiny guy in lane 1!" and I told him he was my teammate and would probably beat him. And then he said "hey, look at that scrawny guy in lane 8!" and I told him he was also my teammate and would probably beat him. And sure enough, they did.
    His backstroke was so naturally smooth. I bet it'll come back to him fast if he wants to get back in.

I just remember at Sectionals prelims of the 200 back, I was in lane 4 and Ravi and Sam Olsen were in 1 and 8. The guy in lane 5 walked over and sniggered and said "hey, look at that tiny guy in lane 1!" and I told him he was my teammate and would probably beat him. And then he said "hey, look at that scrawny guy in lane 8!" and I told him he was also my teammate and would probably beat him. And sure enough, they did.
    And then Sam Olson gave up backstroke to become a sprint flyer in college...who knew?

You know he has the pool record at UALR for the 100 FR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    And then Sam Olson gave up backstroke to become a sprint flyer in college...who knew?

You know he has the pool record at UALR for the 100 FR?
    Yeah, he pulled out a 43-something, didn't he? Him and Nick McCarthy got REALLY good for Drury.
    Yeah, he pulled out a 43-something, didn't he? Him and Nick McCarthy got REALLY good for Drury.
    Yeah they did. Nick has a couple pool records on relays. Pretty sure their 200 MR record he split like 19.1 with the most insane fast relay start I had ever seen ( I was standing level with blocks on the side of the pool so I had the perfect view). And yeah the record is 43.93 from Sam.