View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Sunday 03312019

Rate this Entry
by , March 31st, 2019 at 10:39 PM (93 Views)
Sunday PM solo swim @ Sendero

1550 w/u, with tons of stroke

4 rounds of:
* 100 kick w/board + fins
* 600 w/fins, 75 free/25 breast/75 free/25 back (repeating)

600 free w/fins

5 x 200 swim @ 3:00

6 x 150 swim w/fins @ 2:10

350 w/d

TTL: 7200 yards

I had wanted to get up early and head down to Barton Springs for a long(ish) swim today....but didn't sleep well due to some stomach issues. Then when I woke up, the air temp was in the low 40s. the thought of swimming in 68F (or so) water just wasn't appealing. so I pushed it out to afternoon, to the nearby heated pool.
air temp was in the mid-50s, and it was kind of sunny when I swam.

I did a super long swim last Sunday (about 12,500 yards), and somehow tweaked my right shoulder blade. so I've been taking things, "easy," for the past week...that, "easy," being relative. more fins, shorter, no fly, and much more stroke, and more listening to my body and ignoring the clock (just going on feel). definitely ignoring those paddles and buoy. Friday was the first day I did any real intervals, and 200s @ 3:00 today didn't feel too bad.

I didn't notice it until I jumped in the pool the next day, doing freestyle. I flipped over and did back, and hardly noticed. so that workout was mostly back and breast (funny someone recently started a thread about swimming non-free). did more kicking than normal, and I kind of like doing breast with a fly kick while wearing fins.
the pain was about 7-8 out of 10 on Monday, and has gone down to maybe a 2-3 today. I was thinking the cool water at the Springs would be good for it, so maybe next week.

today's set was a good example of what I've been doing. 5 x 600 w/fins sounds easier than it actually is to do, especially doing dolphin kicks off of the walls.

Submit "Sunday 03312019" to Digg Submit "Sunday 03312019" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 03312019" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 03312019" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Only swim butterfly at meets! lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Only swim butterfly at meets! lol!
    Haha, I don't swim that much fly, usually about 100 per workout. I've done the 100 IM at a few meets... If even I could swim a 25 fly (easy from a block start with underwater dolphin kicks), I think anyone could.