View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

Ozark LMSC Champs

Rate this Entry
3/30-3/31/2019 Ozark LMSC Champs

//Don't have "official" results yet so these are just by memory, and I definitely don't have most splits yet. Will update when they come in.

Could definitely tell I was at the wrong end of a half-hearted double taper this weekend! Plus UC flare = uncomfortable. But I am rather happy with how I did all things considered. Plus it was fun - haven't seen a lot of the SLAM masters folks since last November at the earliest.

Saturday -
200 fr/200 k
8x50 k/dr-dr/b :55
8x25 VS :30
2 starts
100 EZ

Mixed 200 Medley Relay - 1:42.5 (26.5 breast split) - spinning my wheels a lot on this one, kind of sloppy.

100 IM - 53.47 - Half second off my Masters Nats time from last year is pretty good for the circumstances. Out good, but really bad back to breast turn kinda killed my momentum. LMSC record.

100 fly - DQ! - They got me for 15m! No markings at the bottom of the pool, though that's no excuse. Wasn't a good time anyway.

50 back - 24.35 - Better than Masters Nats leadoff last year, so happy with that! LMSC record.

Mixed 200 Free Relay - 1:34. (21.38 split) - Little tired at end of session. Wasn't motived enough to no-breathe :P

300 warmdown after events. Not much specific warmup because not much rest between. Whole session was 3 hours and that included 4 heats of 500s at the very beginning and 2 of 400 IM at the end - both of which our local 93-year-old swam.

Sunday -

Same warmup

50 breast - 27.30 - Just OK really, took a few strokes to get into the swing of it.

200 IM - 2:01.67 - I feel like I have a lot better than this if I focus on 200s a bit more. Legs went pretty numb in the back half, I'm definitely not used to racing 200s. Still, 3 seconds better than last year, and LMSC record.

50 fly - 23.32 - This felt surprisingly good for being this late in the meet! Definitely my best race of the weekend. Still think I left a few tenths hanging there, might have a 22 in me on a good day.

Men 200 free relay -
1:55. (21.6 split) - Just played with underwaters on this one, tried to see how extra dolphin kicks would work on sprint free. Probably would have been decent if I hadn't completely flubbed both breakouts! Might be worth playing with in the future.

------------

That concludes my winter/spring meet season. I'd say it was very successful - there's nothing for me to complain about if I'm going best times at age 30 on 4.5-6 hours swimming a week, setting LMSC records, scoring individually and contributing on relays at Sectionals. I know that won't last forever but I'll ride this wave while it's still going! Hopefully some of my times survive Masters Nats for Top 10 lists but I see the psych sheet is out, going to be close!

Planning on taking a week completely off to rest and hopefully calm my digestive system issues. Will get back in the water and in the gym next week - next competitive event is a CF competition last weekend of April if my UC is better, otherwise switching gears a little for a short triathlon in August which my wife may or may not be doing with me depending on some circumstances.

Submit "Ozark LMSC Champs" to Digg Submit "Ozark LMSC Champs" to del.icio.us Submit "Ozark LMSC Champs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ozark LMSC Champs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments