View RSS Feed

Calvin S

Video from YMCA Masters Nationals

Rate this Entry
by , April 19th, 2019 at 11:30 AM (384 Views)
For some reason my phone doesn't believe I have "new videos" to upload to my computer. However I was able to extract the video from our men's 200 medley relay.

John Janszen (37) - 26.45
Adrian Gil (29) - 26.50
Calvin Schildknecht (34) - 24.67
Alphonse Harris (29) - 22.83

Final time: 1:40.45

Submit "Video from YMCA Masters Nationals" to Digg Submit "Video from YMCA Masters Nationals" to del.icio.us Submit "Video from YMCA Masters Nationals" to StumbleUpon Submit "Video from YMCA Masters Nationals" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice relay! Your stroke rate is impressive. So was your breaststroker's - 9 strokes on the back half!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    Nice relay! Your stroke rate is impressive. So was your breaststroker's - 9 strokes on the back half!
    Thanks, Jeff. Now if I could only find a way to grab more water!
    Updated April 19th, 2019 at 06:16 PM by Calvin S
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Thanks, Jeff. Now if I could only find a way to grab more water!
    If you're open to some constructive criticism, and can get an underwater video, I can certainly try to help. I have the opposite problem, I just can't get my handspeed up even when sprinting. That's why I've skewed toward working my underwaters so much, because that's the only place I can really get the acceleration to get up to sprint speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge
    If you're open to some constructive criticism, and can get an underwater video, I can certainly try to help. I have the opposite problem, I just can't get my handspeed up even when sprinting. That's why I've skewed toward working my underwaters so much, because that's the only place I can really get the acceleration to get up to sprint speeds.
    Sorry, the constructive criticism box is closed.

(Just kidding)

I can try to capture some underwater video, but part of the problem is I just can't seem to blend the strong pull/catch of my longer distances (200 and up) with the extreme hand speed I can generate on the short distances (mainly 50s). It is why I was always better at the 200 FL/200 BR. For instance, my best time in the 100 BR was 59.8. That same meet, I took my 200 BR out in finals in 1:00.7. Meshing the two aspects of the strokes as always been my Achilles heel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    Sorry, the constructive criticism box is closed.

(Just kidding)

I can try to capture some underwater video, but part of the problem is I just can't seem to blend the strong pull/catch of my longer distances (200 and up) with the extreme hand speed I can generate on the short distances (mainly 50s). It is why I was always better at the 200 FL/200 BR. For instance, my best time in the 100 BR was 59.8. That same meet, I took my 200 BR out in finals in 1:00.7. Meshing the two aspects of the strokes as always been my Achilles heel!
    I know what you mean about the weird splitting. I've had a similar issue with my breaststroke - at Masters Nats last year I did the 50 in 27.4 and took out my 100 in 27.1. At Sectionals this year it was 26.7 for the 50 and 27.1 for the 100 so not quite as drastic but still not close. But I'm guessing most of that is that my pullout is 2/3 of the 50/front half of 100 and it's basically the same for each race.