View RSS Feed

Swimming Through Jello

Another Update!

Rate this Entry
by , April 22nd, 2019 at 09:30 AM (155 Views)
So... after much gnashing of teeth and laying in a fetal position early last week, I went to the emergency room. Turns out I had pancreatitis as a reaction to one of my UC meds. I got four days in the hospital with an IV drip, a day and a half which was NPO, a day and a half clear liquid diet and now onto low fat. But I'm out, and I feel a little bit more like myself. I'm down at least 20 pounds and it's not in great places - I've lost most of the mass on my shoulders and arms and my pants don't fit. So it's going to be a process to get back.

Plan is to start getting back in the water with a few 1000s or so this week, and also do some really, really light weightlifting the other days to start building my strength and energy back up. Eat as much as I can tolerate, not too fast but the dietician told me to not be shy about eating because of the weight loss.

I did get some good news over the week. The club team my Masters team is attached to had their yearly awards ceremony, and apparently they gave me a mentorship award for how I was with the kids at and leading up to Sectionals this winter. That was really good to hear, and I hope I can get back to the point where I can be a good example again. Something to work toward. Also had some other good news recently but not allowed to share that just yet :P

Submit "Another Update!" to Digg Submit "Another Update!" to del.icio.us Submit "Another Update!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another Update!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments