400 swim
4x100 @ 1:50 k/sw/dr/bld
odd: FR
even: BR

2x
50 SMOOTH
25 DIVE FAST
25 EZ

200 FR - 2:13.55 (1:04.35/1:09.20) - Felt pretty good on this swim. I was about .4 off what I went shaved and tapered last July. Splits for that swim were 1:03/1:10. So I see where I had that easier front end speed last year, but I was still out of shape and hurt coming home. Today, I was out a little slower, but definitely felt more in control on the back half.

200 BR - 2:44.21 (1:18.90/1:25.31) - So this was my first time racing any breaststroke since last June (when I raced the 100 and went 1:19), and the first time in over six years that I had contested the 200M BR! As can be seen, I was actually faster on my front 100 than I was last year when I raced the 100. It felt really good to be racing BR again, but still not sure how long my groin will hold up.

Total: 2700

I was pleasantly surprised with my overall performance this morning. I was out until 1:30 am at a Cinco de Mayo party, and while I don't go in for the whole "getting drunk" thing anymore, I still drank quite a bit over a long period of time given that I planned to swim this morning. I think the going to bed super late hurt me more than anything, but since this was not a taper level meet, I wasn't overly concerned with my pre-meet ritual!

Submit "Sunday 5/5/19" to Digg Submit "Sunday 5/5/19" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 5/5/19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 5/5/19" to Google

Comments

having me as a training partner is finally starting to pay some big dividends.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    having me as a training partner is finally starting to pay some big dividends.
    Be sure to ice your back. You pulled it carrying me.