View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Friday 05102019

Rate this Entry
Friday AM group swim @ Wilkes-Barre, PA CYC (SCY)

visiting family in NE PA and met up with a gal who I met in AZ a few weeks ago swimming SCAR. we actually went to the same high school (about 10 years apart); neither of us swam in school, but both swim now. she regularly swims with another guy, so we had 3 doing the same set (I bailed early):

350 w/u

200 kick, board...no fins!
(I mixed in some drills where I put the board between my legs)

3 x 550 @ 8:00 (they did 500s)

12 x 25 @ :30, IMO (I did fly drill)

4 x 300 @ 4:15 (I think they did 250s)

12 x 25 @ :30, just 1 breath

500, wearing what seemed like a HUGE parachute!

500 swim

100 w/d

TTL: about 5100 yards, 90 min

my high school used this pool for the swim team...well the facility's pool, but the pool itself was a different one. this one was built about 15 years ago, an extension off of the back of the old building. they hosted a masters meet once, which seemed to do well, but of course when I wanted to do it one year the meet director spaced out and that was it.
a friend from high school (who was on the swim team) used to coach a kids group here, and on a prior visit I swam with them, so I had been in this pool before.
it was nice to actually swim with others, doing mostly the same thing (I added 50 here/there rather than just stand around).

I hadn't used a parachute in years! when I swam with the Mesa masters team, Paul used to have us do that once in a while. I went from being super speedy to being the slowest of the 3 today. I might have to add one to my toy bag... I hadn't done breath control in ages either. or specific IM sets. maybe I just need to drop in with a masters team every once in a while.

at least now when I visit, I can just give these folks a shout and show up.

oh the pool was extremely busy. we were in 2 lanes, there were a few other lap swimmers, a few triathletes. then suddenly a water polo group showed up and took 3-4 lanes. it really is nice to see so much aquatic activity in my hometown. and I did give the friend who used to coach a guilt trip, maybe he'll get back in the water (funny that everyone who swam on the swim team then, winning our division at states even, none of them swim anymore).

Submit "Friday 05102019" to Digg Submit "Friday 05102019" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 05102019" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 05102019" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments