View RSS Feed

Middle Aged Distance

Tough 100's set!

Rate this Entry
Being the selfish mom of the year I am, I dragged my kids out of bed at the crack of dawn today so that I could swim with the Masters team and not just do the workout later. Lucky for me they thought it was a grand adventure. I'm sure my daughter will change her tune someday when she has to do morning practices herself!

Long one today, with a lot of 100's, but I got the rare chance to swim in the outdoor long course pool, so it was a good workout.

W/U (1200):

3x200 sw/k/dr by 200

6x100 - choose either:
1) odd swim/ even pull @ 1:40 OR 2) all kick @ 2:05
*I did the swim/pull option

Main (3000):

30x100 @ 2:00

1 - kick
2 - pull
3 - FAST no free
4 - drill
5 - FAST free

The way my coach had me do this was to do as written for rd 1, then on rd 2 drop the kick and replace with easy. Rd 3 - 6 drop the pull and replace with easy. So by the end it's really 2x100 easy, 1 fast, 1 drill/easy, 1 fast. I was averaging 1:09 on the 100's but was able to get to 1:08 on the last one. I did a 100 easy at the end, but you may want to do more warm down.

Definitely treated myself to a big breakfast after this one...

Total: 4300 (lcm)

Submit "Tough 100's set!" to Digg Submit "Tough 100's set!" to del.icio.us Submit "Tough 100's set!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tough 100's set!" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

1:08/1:09 100s FR LCM is no joke. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    1:08/1:09 100s FR LCM is no joke. Great job!
    Thanks! Maybe I was motivated by the first outdoor swim of the summer... it rained but it was still better than being inside!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmjenkins14
    Thanks! Maybe I was motivated by the first outdoor swim of the summer... it rained but it was still better than being inside!
    Iv'e been outdoor swimming for 8 weeks now (7 of them LCM). The novelty wore off a long time ago.