View RSS Feed

flippergirl

Met with a coach today.

Rate this Entry
I told Heather I was doing a 5k ocean swim on Saturday so we focused on getting ready for that. We worked on elongating my stroke, relaxing my feet and hands and breathing on both sides. She showed me some drills for maximizing my stroke...to swim more efficiently with less effort.

Drills to remember and do:

Lie on back, arms at side roll full circle leading with the hips while kicking.

Lie on stomach, put a kickboard between thighs and tap it at the back of your stroke in freestyle.

Sculling with fingers apart slightly.

Counting my strokes down pool. She said no more than 17. I stayed under that fairly easy.

I asked her to time me on the 25 and 50 after our class of focusing on longer stroke.

25yds- 15.6 and 50 yds - 34.8.

If this is accurate these are awesome times for me. I am not going to post them as I want to check with a stopwatch for accuracy.

I will be away from my regular workouts as I am traveling to Fla and SF until August 1. When I get back I will meet with her again. I hope to find pools to swim in when I am away.

Submit "Met with a coach today." to Digg Submit "Met with a coach today." to del.icio.us Submit "Met with a coach today." to StumbleUpon Submit "Met with a coach today." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If you poke around on usms website it will give you a listing of master's teams in the US. All you have to do is get the contact name of the team close to where you will be. Drop them an e-mail and I'm sure they would be glad to let you swim. I always swim w/St. Pete master's team when I go there. I have done this with a couple others too! It's fun!
    Thanks Bobi. I will check that out.
    Paige that is awesome that you got your 50 under 35! You are working so hard and you are getting better each day. Good luck on your 5k swim. Keep us posted
    It was with a watch so I hope it was true. I will check when I get back from Fla. I a really psyched about the ocean 5k. Have you ever done such a thing?