View RSS Feed

My non-workout blog and random thoughts

Things that I'm Thankful for

Rate this Entry
Happy Thanksgiving to everybody in old people swimming land!

I'm very thankful for a lot of reasons - family, friends, a roof, food -as we all are, but AQUATICALLY, here are the things that I'm thankful for:

My brother (Linc) and his wife that swim masters. It's always great to see them at a swim meet.

My partner (Kari) because she swims masters and has become quite good for never having had a background in swimming.

My distant and near team-mates - Go Mud Sharks and Rio Grande!

My competition and my friends: The swimming dentists (Bobby and Geoff) - both of whom are backstrokers - one who is 10 inches taller and the other who is 3 inches shorter - thanks for the great races!

Also Thanksgiving day wishes to bunch of other guys that I love to race and race with: Bill A. and Eric vdB (the bay area boys), Fred F (whose heart is in S.F)., Rick A (from the frozen wasteland), Tom R. (LaLa Land), John M (who beat cancer), Scott S. (best smile award):

the thrill of competing against you guys makes me feel really and truly alive!

Other odd things that I'm thankful for:

A cold pool on a hot day
A warm pool on a really freezing cold day
Hot showers
The beauty of water
Being the first to jump into the pool
Finishing (anything) - including Thanksgiving Day dinner.

Best wishes for Thanksgiving!

Submit "Things that I'm Thankful for" to Digg Submit "Things that I'm Thankful for" to del.icio.us Submit "Things that I'm Thankful for" to StumbleUpon Submit "Things that I'm Thankful for" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments