View RSS Feed

flippergirl

How does a swimmer get out of an Elephant?

Rate this Entry
They swim around till their all pooped out!

Working on technique and drills that my coach gave me. I am excited about improving all the strokes as I am considering the IM as a favorite of mine.
I swam about 2200 this morning, a little of this, a little of that. I tried to focus on keeping my entire body in correct positioning, learning to push the water towards my toes with my forarms in backstroke and worked on keeping lower body higher in the water for breaststroke. This made the glide fun and feel a bit like the ungulating of the butterfly.

Cramed for an enriched nitrox course for scuba and couldn't believe I got an 88%! Charts and tables aren't my thing, but I actually enjoyed it. So with some intrepidation I must say that instead of focusing on my swimming lately it has been diving in a quarry and preparing for this weekends deep wreck dives off the North Carolina coast...two tankers and two Civil war boats!
Diving can benefit my swimming as I must learn to move effortlessly as to save oxygen. A sense of this could possibly help me to think about swimming more efficiently instead of like a wild animal trying to get out of an elephant...
which is a bit of my nature

Submit "How does a swimmer get out of an Elephant?" to Digg Submit "How does a swimmer get out of an Elephant?" to del.icio.us Submit "How does a swimmer get out of an Elephant?" to StumbleUpon Submit "How does a swimmer get out of an Elephant?" to Google

Updated August 13th, 2009 at 12:51 PM by flippergirl

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments