View RSS Feed

A comfort swimmer's guide to easy swimming

Couldn't stand being inactive

Rate this Entry
by , August 13th, 2009 at 06:13 PM (566 Views)
I was going to take a week off after Nationals but after 3 days I couldn't stand it. So today I went to the pool for a short swim. It was nice to just show up with out any plan in mind and just do whatever my swim buddy wanted to do.

SCM with Carrie

350 swim free
200 kick w/board alternated flutter and whip kick
300 pull w/p&b focus was on alternate breathing

Did a broken 1650 (meters) as swim 11 laps, rest :10; 10 laps rest :10 and so forth to 1 lap.

150 easy swim to cool down

Total: 2650 meters

Submit "Couldn't stand being inactive" to Digg Submit "Couldn't stand being inactive" to del.icio.us Submit "Couldn't stand being inactive" to StumbleUpon Submit "Couldn't stand being inactive" to Google

Updated August 15th, 2009 at 04:54 PM by poolraat

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

hahaha. I can't stand it either. I forced myself to take 4 days and was really damn busy, so I managed it. But I'm back in the pool today too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    hahaha. I can't stand it either. I forced myself to take 4 days and was really damn busy, so I managed it. But I'm back in the pool today too.
    It's not easy to take a rest. Plus I have a forced 5-6 week lay-off after Thanksgiving when my pool closes until after New Years. So I'll let by body rest and recover then.

I will skip today and then workout tomorrow. Monday starts a new cycle for the fall season. I just need to find a meet to focus on. Maybe the Ron Johnson Meet in Arizona in Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    It's not easy to take a rest. Plus I have a forced 5-6 week lay-off after Thanksgiving when my pool closes until after New Years. So I'll let by body rest and recover then.

I will skip today and then workout tomorrow. Monday starts a new cycle for the fall season. I just need to find a meet to focus on. Maybe the Ron Johnson Meet in Arizona in Nov.
    That seems like an excellent meet in a fast pool that's not too far away. Go for it!