View RSS Feed

Elise's Fitness Fun

Soaking in Nutrition Info

Rate this Entry
by , August 14th, 2009 at 08:22 PM (665 Views)
Swam 2500 yards with friends yesterday evening at my favorite outdoor lap pool. Feel like I'm still in pretty good shape. Hopefully this will carry over into the SCM season.

Bought Advanced Sports Nutrition by Dan Benardot. The guy is a serious nutrition guru! His book includes nutrition plans for specific sports, a discussion of how sharp deviations in energy balance during the course of the day can affect body composition, indications of cramp-prone athletes, factors that affect heat tolerance, a list of risks for developing stress fractures, meal plans for seven days leading up to competition, and tons of other stuff. I can't wait to read the whole book!

Hit the weight room today and finished the workout with a run on the treadmill.

Bench press: 2 sets of 65 x 15
Lat hi row: 2 sets of 90 x 15
Military press: 2 sets of 35 x 15
Triceps pulldown: 2 sets of 30 x 15
Alternating hammer curls: 2 sets of 10 x 15
Leg press: 2 sets of 150 x 15
Bicycle crunches: 1 set of 50
Good morning darlings: 1 set of 50
Crunches with 10 lb. med ball: 1 set of 25
Leg raises: 1 set of 25

HIIT workout on treadmill:

1 mile warm-up at 9:30
1.5 miles alternating 1 minute hard/2 minutes recovery - started first hard minute with 7.5 mph and finished last hard minute with 10 mph
1/2 mile cool-down

3 miles

Still haven't found the motivation to do a long run. The heat isn't helping matters. I'm hoping the little quality workouts will count for something.

Submit "Soaking in Nutrition Info" to Digg Submit "Soaking in Nutrition Info" to del.icio.us Submit "Soaking in Nutrition Info" to StumbleUpon Submit "Soaking in Nutrition Info" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thanks for mentioning this book. I read the reviews on Amazon, and it looks like the reason that it is not 5 stars is that several reviewers thought the book was too technical. My kind of book.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Thanks for mentioning this book. I read the reviews on Amazon, and it looks like the reason that it is not 5 stars is that several reviewers thought the book was too technical. My kind of book.
    I've just read a few pages and have learned quite a few things.