View RSS Feed

Swim like an Orca, but faster !

Modesto, Calif without a finger cot

Rate this Entry
by , August 15th, 2009 at 09:48 PM (796 Views)
Modesto Area Aquatics Club SCM
Event Seed Result
100 IM 1:33 1:24 1st
50 FR :32.47 :30.78 3rd
50 BK :41:59 :40.48 2nd
50 Fly 39.12 35.28 2nd
100 FR 1:10 1:08 2nd

My seed times were from the last SCM meet back in October 2008. Got ribbons and a cool goodie bag!
I came in second in the 50 FR in my final/heat, he got me by half a body length, a second or two faster. Arms need to get stronger!
I felt awkward on the back.
Fly felt great, 2 beat kicks were right on... I just didn't have enough steak to propel me faster.
Was worn out for the 100 FR, It felt like I was out there for a long time.
I couldn't find a "Finger Cot" like the one Jim use's, so I used waterproof dressing tape for my finger, its amazing how one little injured finger can cause a distraction underwater.

Well my non-taper/pathetic workouts the week before the meet was 2 workouts Monday and Tuesday, I stayed out of the pool, after injuring my finger, on Weds and Thurs. I tried to return on Friday, however some strange group of lap swimmers lead by a even stranger coach (maybe they rented the pool from another high school?) had filled all the lanes. arrg!

Submit "Modesto, Calif without a finger cot" to Digg Submit "Modesto, Calif without a finger cot" to del.icio.us Submit "Modesto, Calif without a finger cot" to StumbleUpon Submit "Modesto, Calif without a finger cot" to Google

Updated August 16th, 2009 at 03:54 AM by EricOrca (Catagorical correction)

Categories
Masters Swim Meets / Events

Comments

Well, at least, you had some drops from your seed times. Nice drop in the 100 IM.