View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

Greater Love Hath No Sickboy

Rate this Entry
I am forcing myself off the couch for only the second or third time this weekend to post the first of many thrilling action scenes from the no longer terribly recent USMS LCM Nationals in Indianapolis last early to mid August.

Since then, I have come down with yet another contagion, possibly from the combination of physical exhaustion from my own meet performance added to the immediate mental stress of returning to Pittsburgh to write about novel H1N1's place in the pantheon of pandemic flu viruses, then rewriting about same in a somewhat easier to understand form.

There is a reason why Influenza Viruses for Dummies is not yet a best seller.

In any event, I am hoping to HTFU (thanks to Amanda for the black Livestrong-style plastic bracelet with this written in long form on it, my new mantra) by watching and rewatching the grittiest little world beater the likes of me will ever be privileged to know and freeload off of (with the possible exception of Bobinator, who has fast emerged to tie for first place in the world beater/freeloading by Jim category.)

I feel the vapors coming on.

I feel I must take to the couch again soon, lest I loose upon the world replicated viruses escaping from every natural and recently-created-by-germs orifice in my body.

Without further adieu, I give you....

Leslie!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QnCTP2n2w"]YouTube - Leslie's 50 LCM Backstroke National Championship Performance[/ame]

Submit "Greater Love Hath No Sickboy" to Digg Submit "Greater Love Hath No Sickboy" to del.icio.us Submit "Greater Love Hath No Sickboy" to StumbleUpon Submit "Greater Love Hath No Sickboy" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It seems like you are always sick in Pittsburgh. As I can recall, you were like the Energizer Bunny in Indy and in Fairfax, VA. I was wondering how you were so energetic.
    Tom, thanks for reminding me that the bite of the tsetse fly doesn't leave its victims in permanent indolence, only semi-permanent indolence. Thank god for golf on TV, which has allowed me to pass the weekend in a whispered delerium.
    Sorry to hear you are under the weather Jimby.
    I agree with Tom, you probably just wore yourself out in Indy and need to re-charge your battery on the couch for a while.
    When you feel your vapors coming on just look at your wrist and HTFU!!!!
    Thanks, Bobinator. I frequently find myself asking, WWED?

And then I head for the fridge and come around until somebody gives me a carrot.

Footage to come, I hope, as soon as I get my story redone.