View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

50 back vid + Still a Slacker! Aug. 16

Rate this Entry
Finishing off my week of being a slacker.

I did walk several miles around the Kennywood Amusement Park in Pittsburgh yesterday with family and friends. In 100 degree heat, no less. Love the Phantom's Revenge!!!

Today, I just drove home from Pittsburgh with my kids and a friend. I let my two Savageman relay partners take a detour to Deep Creek without me to bike and run on the murderous course. Not a twinge of guilt!

I think I'll exercise tomorrow ... though I won't make like Sprinticus for awhile.

Here's my 50 back video from Nationals filmed by Jimby. Haven't seen the one Hulk filmed yet. It's pretty much like I remembered it -- conservative on the start, good breakout, and running out of gas about 5 meters before the flags. (Ande says I must learn how to split 50s appropriately! lol) Still, so happy to break 32!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QnCTP2n2w&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Leslie's 50 LCM Backstroke National Championship Performance[/ame]

Submit "50 back vid + Still a Slacker!  Aug. 16" to Digg Submit "50 back vid + Still a Slacker!  Aug. 16" to del.icio.us Submit "50 back vid + Still a Slacker!  Aug. 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "50 back vid + Still a Slacker!  Aug. 16" to Google

Comments

That was magnificent. Too bad, I missed it live. Bravo!
    I am bummed. I can't get the u-tube videos for some reason. I'll go play around with the set-up and see if I've accidently turned the button off.
    Glad you had a good week of slacking. You deserve it after your magnificent swims at nationals!
    Ohhh, I figured it out.
    Wow that was a fast swim! It looked smooth and straight down the middle of the lane. How do you do that?
    Leslie, how dare you post my video of you on your blog? My only chance to catch up to you in popularity is to siphon away the massive Leslie audience anxious to read about and see Leslie in action to my vlog, where there is no interest whatsover in reading about and seeing me in action, but plenty of interest, as I just said, in you, provided that is the only place they can find it!

Take down this video instantly and refer all interested parties to my vlog, the one-stop shopping destination for all things Leslie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Ohhh, I figured it out.
    Wow that was a fast swim! It looked smooth and straight down the middle of the lane. How do you do that?
    I think swimming solo so often helps me swim straight down the lane. More often than not, I have a lane to myself. So I rarely swim circles. In fact, I find it somewhat difficult to swim with my team in SCY. I can't turn very effectively!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Leslie, how dare you post my video of you on your blog? My only chance to catch up to you in popularity is to siphon away the massive Leslie audience anxious to read about and see Leslie in action to my vlog, where there is no interest whatsover in reading about and seeing me in action, but plenty of interest, as I just said, in you, provided that is the only place they can find it!

Take down this video instantly and refer all interested parties to my vlog, the one-stop shopping destination for all things Leslie!
    lmao.

Aren't there any Jimby vids from Nats? I think I may have a clip of a portion of a race. Have to check.
    The underwater off the start was a thing of beauty. You won the race right there. Your stroke rate does seem to decrease for maybe the last 10-15 meters. I think if you can keep the turnover up for the entrie 50 the world record is yours!
    great swim!
    Wow. Yep that start was killer.

The swimming portion was just as impressive. What a tempo.
    great start / SDK
    you waxed em, had at least a body length
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Wow. Yep that start was killer.

The swimming portion was just as impressive. What a tempo.
    Thanks Quick. I had much better tempo here than on the 32.3 that I swam on Thursday. That is on video as well and my turnover is slower.

If I had only gone the whole 15 underwater!!! That's what I did in SCY that I just didn't quite get here.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    The underwater off the start was a thing of beauty. You won the race right there. Your stroke rate does seem to decrease for maybe the last 10-15 meters. I think if you can keep the turnover up for the entrie 50 the world record is yours!
    Allen Stark said the same thing after he watched the race. This was my last race after 4 days. I was super tired beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    great start / SDK
    you waxed em, had at least a body length
    Thx Ande. I am puzzled as to why others don't work on their starts more. It's hard to catch up if you get owned on the start in a 50. But at least all my kicking paid off!
    That was some serious domination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    That was some serious domination.
    Are you ready for my expert backstroke criticism?

Ok, I am done

Looked good, and it looked like you were loafing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Are you ready for my expert backstroke criticism?

Ok, I am done

Looked good, and it looked like you were loafing to me.
    Niiiice.

I loafed the 100 instead.
    can you share with secret of improving that SDK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyman
    can you share with secret of improving that SDK?
    Crazy,

You've read my blogs, you know! It's no secret. Lots and lots of dolphin kicking and SDK work while swimming. Use fins and MF!