View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Thurs Aug 20: AM Swim

Rate this Entry
by , August 21st, 2009 at 12:05 AM (378 Views)
Made it to swim this morning with the team.

6AM Swim workout with the team, ASU Rec Center (SCY)
--air temp was 87F, water around 80F
--smaller group. 3 in the lane I was in (2 slower than my normal), and I went last

300 warm-up choice (pulled it)
7 x 100 @ 1:45, something with breath control I think (pulled it)
6 x 75 @ 1:20 (underwater from walls to flags including the turns), pulled it
5 x 50 @ 1:00, underwater between the flags
4 x 25 @ :30 no breath & fast (pulled w/paddles)
5 x 50 @ 1:00 (can't remember how)
100 easy cool-down

there might have been something else in there, I can't remember

I had my right shoe off at work (I've been wearing some old running shoes). When I went to leave work I had a tough time getting it on. Skipped the gym and came home, iced my ankle, took an Alleve, wrapped my foot, and have had it elevated. the bruising is spreading. overall, it doesn't hurt too much, but it looks worse, and this swelling isn't good.

planning to not do any workouts tomorrow; I wouldn't really benefit from a fast set right now anyway. I'll probably work from home so I can take some breaks where I lay down and elevate my foot.

Submit "Thurs Aug 20:  AM Swim" to Digg Submit "Thurs Aug 20:  AM Swim" to del.icio.us Submit "Thurs Aug 20:  AM Swim" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thurs Aug 20:  AM Swim" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

So sorry about your sprained ankle. I know from experience how frustrating it is. When is your next marathon? Nov in Scranton? Just keep taking it easy, elevate, and ice. Unfortunately, sprained ankles can just take a couple months to recover ... Good thing you're a swimmer!