View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Saturday's Bobs

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
by , August 29th, 2009 at 06:23 PM (219 Views)
A.M. swim at FPAC. It was COLD and cloudy this morning. I know this is a good thing w/ Big Shoulders coming up but sometimes it just takes me awhile to jump in.
I had a good swim today. I felt strong and smooth the whole workout. I have been feeling snarky since nationals and even considered not doing Big Shoulders. It's looking like the water will be cold. I've done a 5k in 68 degrees (that was fine), but when I hear it could be in the 50's I feel weak and scared.
It's times like this when my best advice to myself is "just shut up and swim!."
Here's my LCM workout today:

I'll call this "sets of 500's" (each 500 set on 9:30 interval)
*500 Free swim
*2 X 250 Free swim
*500 Free swim
*5 X 100 Free on 1:45 (pushing it lcm!)
*500 Free swim
*10 X 50 Free (cheated and did on 1:00 interval)
*500 Free Swim
3,500 LCM (all free, no fins or paddles)

My shoulder/neck is feeling much better. I selected 3 exercises off u-tube a week or so ago and have been doing them A.M. and P.M. Good results.
I had lunch out with Sarah W. We went shopping this afternoon for teacher clothes. She is doing a semester of cadet teaching with 5th graders and needed a couple outfits that were not jeans. She is unable to run (due to knee issues) so I didn't go to the XC meet today.
I was glad to get the workout in, but I really missed my weekly fix of watching her run!!!

Submit "Saturday's Bobs" to Digg Submit "Saturday's Bobs" to del.icio.us Submit "Saturday's Bobs" to StumbleUpon Submit "Saturday's Bobs" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments