View RSS Feed

FREEDom

Catching back up

Rate this Entry
by , September 2nd, 2009 at 10:42 PM (604 Views)
Training has been sporadic and light the last couple of weeks. Business travel Tu - Th last week interrupted my training with early flights and early meetings, and dinner meetings, so only hit the hotel gym lightly on Thursday morning. Got back Thursday evening, then had another training interruption ... a medical scare, so took it easy over the weekend. Now back to some light intensity training this week. Doctor appointment tomorrow, so hopefully get the go ahead to ramp up intensity.

Monday 8/31 - AM weights. We have a new stretch cage at the Y, so I was breaking that thing in.
Monday 8/31 - PM swim. Swam as an extended warm up, just stretching out, low intensity. Kept pulse rate around 100 or less.

Tuesday 9/1 PM - no swimming as there was HS swim meet. Sharon and I rode bikes, but it looked like it was about to storm, so we cut it short. About 18 miles, just cruised.

Wednesday 9/2 PM - regular masters workout, swimming in the rain. Me and 8 girls on the team. Increased my intensity a bit from Monday.

Warm up
500 sw, 400 pull w/ snorkel, 300 kick w/fins, 200 drill, 100 choice

4 x 200 on 2:40 pull w/ paddles hyp 3,5,7,3 by 50. I did the first 2 w/ snorkel

8 x 75 on 1:15 25k, 25sw, 25fast

24 x 25 on :30 IM order by 2s, 1dr, 1sw

10 x 25 on :35 kick w/ board
10 x 25 on :30 kick w/ fins

200 easy

Just stretched it out, easing back into training mode. Another turn of the crank tomorrow.

Submit "Catching back up" to Digg Submit "Catching back up" to del.icio.us Submit "Catching back up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Catching back up" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments