View RSS Feed

FlyQueen

Thursday September 3, 2009

Rate this Entry
by , September 3rd, 2009 at 09:06 AM (548 Views)
I got out of bed this morning in time to swim!

I was still a couple of minutes late and took my time diving in as the pool is still in the mid 70s. I actually much prefer swimming in cooler water. My absolute least favorite feeling is being cold, BUT I hate hot pools. So this was nice.

300 swim
3 x 100 kick with fins
3 x (100 IM (I did Free) 2 x 50 drill)
3 x (4 x 50 on :40) 1:00 rest after each round
Round 1 12.5 fast
Round 2 15 fast
Round 3 20 fast

4 x 250 pull (I pulled with my long fins on and only did 2)

only 2300 .... hmmm ... maybe that 10 minutes does matter. Oh well. There's always next week.

My shoulder feels great. No pain while swimming at all. I'm thinking of giving it another week or so off of fly just to make sure.

I did not run last night -

I will do some weights and cardio before coaching tonight though.

Today was the first practice I really felt some fatigue in my legs. I'm thrilled about that. I kicked fairly strongly the entire time (sans the pull set) but I could feel they were more tired than usual.

Tonight I am planning on modifying my weight circuit to accomodate my shouler - no push-ups. Then getting on a bike for 20-30 just a post-weight circuit recovery.

My weight circuit is very intense. It's a former national team workout. There are 20 exercises (I usually add a few more) and it's 30 seconds on as fast as possible/30 seconds off. The goal is to work up to a longer time "on" but keep the "off" at :30. I'd like to be 1:15 - 1:30 on before my scy yard taper in May. In theory you are supposed to have the "on" match your longest race. The 1:15 would be longer actually.

Anyway ... that's enough rambling from me.

Submit "Thursday September 3, 2009" to Digg Submit "Thursday September 3, 2009" to del.icio.us Submit "Thursday September 3, 2009" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thursday September 3, 2009" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think you might need to add Emoticon Queen to your title such as FlyQueen the Emoticon Queen. I must admit it quite suits your personality though....reading with the emoticon prompts is as if you were here live talking to us. That aside, are you doing daily stretch cord exercises to strengthen muscles surrounding/attached to the ligaments in your pained shoulder or do you not esteem that to be an issue? Just asking....
    Also, your weight workout is very reminiscent of my college weight workouts and I did not love them. You big masochist! Good luck with increasing the "on" intervals.
    What kinds of exercises are you doing on your weight circuit?
    Fort, text me your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Bill - I LOVE the pain of working out and weight circuits, running, swimming hard, etc. I'm definitely a bit masochistic when it comes to that stuff.

I should be doing my shoulder exercises daily but I'm too lazy. I do them when I go to the gym. My shoulder actually ached more after the last two times I did them so it's been over a week ... oh well.