View RSS Feed

Vlog the Inhaler, or The Occasional Video Blog Musings of Jim Thornton

World Premier

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWLBRxPyHg"]YouTube - Ocean City Selkie[/ame]

Submit "World Premier" to Digg Submit "World Premier" to del.icio.us Submit "World Premier" to StumbleUpon Submit "World Premier" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm so glad I don't live near a beachfront ... I can sleep safe at night knowing my wife and daughters are safe from the seductive charms of the selkie.
    The selkie only finds those who want to be found!
    sob sob I think I'll go get drunk
    That's an amazing story! I think I know some dryland selkie's here in Indiana too!
    Wow, so Selkie are sought out by attractive women whose husbands keep them in the burbs while these guys cheat on them with less attractive women?
    Jim, I most enjoyed your selkie video but was somewhat disturbed by the bestiality shot. But, then I pondered: if two beasts decide to engage in interspecies sexual congress of a sort, is this really bestiality? Perhaps we can create a new moniker of sorts to describe this interaction such as "inter-critter-philia" that would be more kind, to define your zoophilic pose?
    1. sob sob I think I'll go get drunk...

technically, sob 7 times, OR go get drunk

2.I think I know some dryland selkie's here in Indiana too!

you are probably correct. As long as there is a large enough body of water to sustain their need for getting drenched periodically--bodies like the Indy Natatorium or the Bobinator's backyard pool--a big buck selkie can range quite far afield

3. Selkie are sought out by attractive women whose husbands keep them in the burbs while these guys cheat on them with less attractive women?...

pretty much exactly right.

4. if two beasts decide to engage...is this really bestiality?

It is a topic as ancient as the primordial ooze...and as endlessly fascinating to us oozers.

5. a new moniker of sorts to describe this interaction such as "inter-critter-philia" that would be more kind

fluffyluffs?
    What if I cry 8 tears into the ocean? Then what do I get?
    Maybe a platypus? I just know it's a good swimmer and has a bill.
    Very amusing, Jim!
    Hmm, selkie... which is basically a pinniped, which by the way is one of the favorite food's of Selachimorpha Lamniforms (aka Great White Shark) and sometimes are hunted by more aggressive Cetacean Orca's. But not to worry Jim, I find protein shakes and salmon more appetizing.
    Updated September 4th, 2009 at 04:32 AM by EricOrca
    OK, to all the gals stuck in the 'burbs who married the wrong guy: Let's Go Selkie Hunting! Rrrrrrrr!!
    Time to go fluffyluffing. If you are new to this, just start with fluffing.
    I'll be on the hunt in Lake Michigan! I bet there are alot of Selkie-like creatures on Ohio Street Beach! Lets go for it Chicken !
    I don't suppose there are any in Walden Pond?! I'll have to check out Thoreau's writings...
    I wonder what we'd get if we cried into Lake Michigan, Bob!?
    Jim! The music in your videos is improving! Keep up the good work.
    First of all, thanks for Mr. Orca for the taxonomic lesson. I think of this particular selkie as being in the category of Pinnipedia sapiens, or to translate literally from the Latin, "a sap with tiny feet."

Bobinator, Kentuckian Swimmer Girl, and Sea Chick, it seems like this little film about the rare sighting off the 56th Street beach in Ocean City has stirred something very deep and primordial within your feminine guts.

I think the selkie in the film swam off upon re-entering the mirky roiling Jersey waters; his likes have not been seen therein since (though there were some rumored sightings along the PA Turnpike today, and in fact, one toll booth operator can almost swear he talked to the Selkie about not having enough cash to pay his toll.)

In any event, as rare and magical as the Selkies are, there are many, many Selkie-like imposters who, if you are drunk enough, are virtually impossible to tell from the real thing. Just like a real Selkie, many of these imposters, for instance, have breath that absolutely reeks of ocean detritus gone horribly awry, as if they live on a diet of algae and plankton. (Check their teeth--you will often see flecks of green in the spaces between these. In real selkies, this is usually kelp; in the impostors, it's broccoli rabe. Again, if you're inebriated enough, it really doesn't make that much difference.)

I guess my advice to you is simply this: do not give up. Somewhere in this big crazy world of ours, there's a real or fake creature out there with tiny feet and a sap's brain just for you!
    HHmmm. The male version of the Mermaid???
    Except that the Selkie has all the parts associated with, well, you know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast