View RSS Feed

chaos

Another dover day

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
by , September 10th, 2009 at 10:05 AM (1205 Views)
9/10/09
We (Terry Laughlin, Willie Miller, Steve Shtab, Lance Ogren, Mike from near chicago, but i can't remember his last name, and I) planned to meet up for a 10:30 AM swim. Lots of swimmers were already there including 2 soloists from the channel islands, a 6 person double relay from Iceland and a few others that were already in the water. Its a beautiful day, but damn windy with 2-3 foot waves in the harbor. The talk is about weather anyone will have a chance to go out before tuesday (zoiks! tuesday!). We go for a swim... a standard loop with an exra out and back parallel to the north seawall where the waves are the highest... its a washing machine but lots of fun. I know I wouldn't hesitate to go out in these conditions, though the perods on the boat between swims would be less than pleasant.

At lunch, Terry and I decide to swim again at 5:30.

We are all hoping for a break in the weather so some of those soloists can get a shot at their crossing.

Submit "Another dover day" to Digg Submit "Another dover day" to del.icio.us Submit "Another dover day" to StumbleUpon Submit "Another dover day" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Keep up the posts ... these are wonderful. Though I doubt I could swim in 64 degree water, is that warmer than you anticipated? For some reason, I thought the water was in the mid to high 50s.
    i've been checking the data buoy daily, so i knew what the temp would be.
    http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=62304