View RSS Feed

Swimming, Life, and Other Stuff!

Packing

Rate this Entry
by , September 11th, 2009 at 08:43 AM (141 Views)
I took a personal day today. I am going to go pack my bags and head north to Chicago around 11:00 a.m. The weather reports are sounding favorable! The last I heard the water is 68 and full blue skies are predicted on race day. That's about perfect for a Chicago beach day! I'm trying to get psyched! I am going to throw a wetsuit in the trunk but most likely I will not use it! (I have never swum in a ws before)
I haven't posted on my blog lately. I have been crazy busy with work and such. My workouts all sound the same(boring), so I've just holed up and become a lurker for awhile. Hopefully Big Shoulder's will serve up some great blog material.
I recieved a new FLIP video camera for my bd. I'm going to take it to the beach race morning. Maybe I will find some unusual "Selkies" to film, or perhaps some of my fellow NASTI teamates will provide some video-worthy antics!
Okay, I'm signing off for the land of cold water, remarkable food/drink, miracle mile shopping, and expensive parking.
PS! I will be on a "Chicken of the sea" and "Swim Robin" hunt too. I'm sure there will be more of you there. Come say "hi" I will have a black NASTI hoodie on, and I'll be carrying a blue Flip camera!

Submit "Packing" to Digg Submit "Packing" to del.icio.us Submit "Packing" to StumbleUpon Submit "Packing" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I love Chicago in September. Good luck! Don't hesitate to use the wetsuit if the water is too cold.

Happy birthday!
    Good luck. I am so jealous that I am not doing this swim. Well, I will actually be in Chicago next weekend for the USMS convention.
    I'd like to try this swim too...looking forward to hearing about your trip and your swim! Good luck!!
    May all your selkies be amorous ones!

Good luck, Robin. Say hi to any and all of our mutual swimming friends including the minx Stephanie.